Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1.2/55 Contax 100 Jahre CY
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:

planar 1.2/55 is definitely my dream but i think that canon fd 55 f1.2 aspherical can be a good competion to this one.

Also because Woeltche was directly inspired by the Canon aspherical 1.2/55 when he designed the 1.2/55 Planar 25 years after Wink
He did better the lens significantly at f/5.6, but wide open the performances of the two lenses are very similar. They both feature a floating last element.
(all this info from Marco Cavina's article: http://www.marcocavina.com/articoli_fotografici/zeiss_canon_1,2/00_pag.htm )

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
trifox wrote:

planar 1.2/55 is definitely my dream but i think that canon fd 55 f1.2 aspherical can be a good competion to this one.

Also because Woeltche was directly inspired by the Canon aspherical 1.2/55 when he designed the 1.2/55 Planar 25 years after Wink
He did better the lens significantly at f/5.6, but wide open the performances of the two lenses are very similar. They both feature a floating last element.
(all this info from Marco Cavina's article: http://www.marcocavina.com/articoli_fotografici/zeiss_canon_1,2/00_pag.htm )

Good read. Indeed there is no need of an aspherical element for this construction. I have shot with the 55/1.2 Aspherical before, and the purple fringing is still noticeable. Can't say exactly which one would be better in this regard. Too bad they never released that 25/1.4.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Special Edition 100 years PLANAR 1,2/55mm Reply with quote

I remember, end of the 90th, I had a change to take excellent pictures fully open with this lens with my Contax RTSIII at Carl Zeiss at Oberkochen/Germany! Since that time, I never had such a good and weighty combination in my hands! Unfortunately, at that time I could not afford buying me this lens. The last four pieces got sold to England at that time!