Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CARL ZEISS JENA II 24MM F/2.8 MC MACRO
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: CARL ZEISS JENA II 24MM F/2.8 MC MACRO Reply with quote

Any opinions on this lens (Nikon mount)? I'm starting to research something in the 18-25mm range.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's one of the Japanese "new jenas".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard about this lens and I doubt that it originally comes in Nikon mount.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same http://forum.mflenses.com/another-japanese-jena-t4447.html#34604
but I don't know its quality. High price, huh.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To pay more than 200 Euros for this lens it's just ridiculous. At that price you can buy two Yashica MLs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, OK, the "Japanese" version...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitively not the Jena design nore the "spirit" ... Made probably by cosina ... (85% of "independent" and oem production, today , if not 100% nowadays.) Or may be Sigma/sun group . Possible.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am afraid that the only ultra wides I own are

- a Panagor 21mm f4 in M42 mount. I have only ever seen one other advertised (in another mount.) Its quite sharp and contrasty and seems to keep distortion under control. It is a lens that convinced me that after market lenses can be pretty good.

- a 24mm Nikkor f2.8 (extremely good.) and

- a 24mm SMC Pentax f3.5 in M42 also rather good.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:
The same http://forum.mflenses.com/another-japanese-jena-t4447.html#34604
but I don't know its quality. High price, huh.

The topic or post you requested does not exist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios wrote:
Definitively not the Jena design nore the "spirit" ... Made probably by cosina ... (85% of "independent" and oem production, today , if not 100% nowadays.) Or may be Sigma/sun group . Possible.

Ah. I see discussion here
http://forum.cdegroot.com/viewtopic.php?t=294
sounds rubbish, then.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 28mm f2.8 lens Jena II a good lens, you can see pictures taken with this lens in Gallery.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my nikkor 24/2 - one of the best lenses I have. Price seems to have got out of hand these days though.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
I love my nikkor 24/2 - one of the best lenses I have. Price seems to have got out of hand these days though.

patrickh

How would you compare it to the Nikkor 24/2.8 (at sharp apertures ie 5.6 on up)?

I just lost Click here to see on Ebay because my bid was influenced by "The movement of the focusing ring is a little loose, with a small amount of rattling noise."

The f/2 sometimes seems to command significantly higher prices than the 2.8. I have also read that some prefer the 2.8.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I'm mainly thinking of the Nikkors, the CZJ was in the "also consider" category.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris
It may be my copy of course (QC can cause substantial variations) but my 24/2 AIS is significantly better than the 24/2.8 AF I have. I do not know if there has been a design change between the two versions. But I do have to say even the AF version is very good. On the nikon the 24 equates to 36mm and it is a very comfortable range for me. Not really fond of the very wide angle. Embarassed Up a little in size the 28/2,8 with 0.2m min focus is a real beauty as well - I know Attila fell in love when he got his.

patrickh