Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena 13,5cm T f/4.5 Exakta... Received today
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena 13,5cm T f/4.5 Exakta... Received today Reply with quote

Carl Zeiss Jena 13,5cm T f/4.5 Exakta I suppose this is a pre-war lens. Apperture not works hopefully will after cleaning other ways in excellent condition. Heavy metal lens. I so curious about quality.

Kiron 28-210mm Nikon mount MINT, very good lens same as other Kirons. Kiron never made bad lenses just good ones. Isn't it Kiron Kid ?
I have this kind of lens with OM mount and with fungus Sad Now I got a perfect copy.

Today I had a little time I made some test shoots with Tamron SP 28-80mm 27A. Above average , but not good as my other Tamrons.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious about that Exakta Zeiss. It looks like Zeiss Jena went down by 0.5 for the 135mm lenses. First this f/4.5, then the f/4, then the f/3.5.
i wonder if it's the same Sonnar scheme, or if your lens is a triplet lens (I know that before switching to Sonnars, Zeiss Jena used to make tele lenses with triplet scheme).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your latest arrivals. Wink

Carsten

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Kiron 28-210mm, which I bough about a month back, after seeing some results on this site (no forum at that time).
The lens is heavy, and slow.. thats why not able to use in winter time. Now sunny days are back (although rarity in Columbus, OH), I took the lens for a walk.
The lens is difficult to use on high end with third party split prism screen (at f5.6, fastest at 210mm). The lens sharp but show lot of CA. Still I really luv this 28-210mm quality zoom. Some pics taken during walk
(first is wide open, and second I think 1-stop down.. or may be wide open.. Dynamic range stretch in Picture window pro and small sharpening after resize... captured at parameter-1 JPEG with 350D)

Wooden Fence

Jaguar engineering (antenna)

For MF guys, Kiron is best bet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CA is somewhat typical in those zoom lenses.
But the pictures are really nice, Ballu!

I have a very good Soligor 70-220 and still have to test a Soligor 35-200 and to get a Soligor 75-205 (both C/D). Will report about 'em.
My beloved 70-220 also shows some CAs (not a lot, though).

Zooms can be fun!

Carsten

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward your Soligor pics, I never had any of them I am so curious.
Balu nice pics, thanks! I love Kiron lenses pretty much.