Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Biogon G 28mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Biogon G 28mm Reply with quote

I just got the negatives I shot in the last days with the Contax G2.
Look at this picture and tell me about the Biogon 28mm... Isn't it an amazing lens. Look at the lines - no distortion. A pure image like an architect drawing. Incredible.

-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a fine lens (oh and a nice statue Wink ).

I'm hoping my local camera dealer will sell the G2 outfit in the window before too long - I drool every time I walk past.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get it back. There is no 28mm lens that shoots like this in the reflex offers. None. Period.
WIth the good scanners of today, with good film, it's almost like having a digital.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Get it back. There is no 28mm lens that shoots like this in the reflex offers. None. Period.
WIth the good scanners of today, with good film, it's almost like having a digital.

It's not and wasn't mine - it's been in the secondhand display for a while:

Contax G2 Outfit: Kit includes 28mm, 45mm, 90mm, TLA-200 & Aluminium outfit case all in nr mint condition, but if I put the ?900 it's going for on my credit card I think my wife might be a little upset Wink

I just walk past and drool...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
wasn't mine

Ah. sorry. From your remark that you hope it gets sold soon, I thought it was yours.

Quote:

As for me, I hope sooner or later to find a Biogon G 21mm for an acceptable price... those damn Biogons are (together with the Leica Ms) the only analog-only lenses not to have dropped in price since the advent of digital.

-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEs it does look fantastic...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
Contax G2 Outfit: Kit includes 28mm, 45mm, 90mm, TLA-200 & Aluminium outfit case all in nr mint condition, but if I put the ?900 it's going for on my credit card I think my wife might be a little upset Wink

This is quite a set, Richard! (But also quite a price tag!)