Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon MR 2.4/24, construction desorder
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:24 am    Post subject: Canon MR 2.4/24, construction desorder Reply with quote

Canon MR 2.4/24 is a small lens without aperture and focusing mechanism. I ignore its original destination. Reproduction? Microfilm? Aesthetically it looks pretty cool, with its blue band. Put on a Sony Nex camera with help of a helicoid and a piece of black foam.

The register distance is just for having past infinity and up to 5cm. It works well on APS-C, giving a slight vignette which is almost imperceptible in many cases and only adds some character. It must be a true 24mm. And the IQ is pretty amazing. In general it assimilates with a Leitz Repro Summar 24mm, but has a higher general contrast and more vivid colours.

All shots are slightly corrected with autocontrast or contrast boost.

#7 MFD with a 17-32mm Chinese helicoid

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon MR 2.4/24, construction desorder Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
Canon MR 2.4/24 is a small lens without aperture and focusing mechanism. I ignore its original destination. Reproduction? Microfilm? Aesthetically it looks pretty cool, with its blue band. Put on a Sony Nex camera with help of a helicoid and a piece of black foam.

The register distance is just for having past infinity and up to 5cm. It works well on APS-C, giving a slight vignette which is almost imperceptible in many cases and only adds some character. It must be a true 24mm. And the IQ is pretty amazing. In general it assimilates with a Leitz Repro Summar 24mm, but has a higher general contrast and more vivid colours.

All shots are slightly corrected with autocontrast or contrast boost.

#7 MFD with a 17-32mm Chinese helicoid

I like it a lot!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micrographics

https://fotocccp.ru/canon-mr24mm-f-2-4

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon MR 2.4/24, construction desorder Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
I like it a lot!

Thank you!

A couple more shots

calvin83 wrote:
Micrographics
https://fotocccp.ru/canon-mr24mm-f-2-4

Great find, Calvin! Following your suggestion, I found on ebay a Canon microfilm reader with a set of similar lenses, as well as a moderately priced set of similar Canon lenses apart. That opens floor for further experiments, for those who live in the USA where these devices and lenses are traded at moderate cost.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like the results of simple BW conversion.