Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 300 f2.8 FL - FLUORITE
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Canon FD 300 f2.8 FL - FLUORITE Reply with quote

After some time, I took the lens out to take a breath Smile

I used my tripod in this case but the lens is still not converted because I am considering to use it for closer distances..

So, the lens had been put on the tripod and I just 'simply' (it was pain in the a..., anyway) attached the BODY to the lens ..

Picture number 2 - wide open....

CLICK ON THIS PICTURE:

tf

Last edited by trifox on Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please make some bad photos? Crying or Very sad

Wink

Outstanding as always, you have a very fine eye for detail!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Can you please make some bad photos? Crying or Very sad

Wink

Outstanding as always, you have a very fine eye for detail!

1+
Razz Razz Razz
Klaus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a terrific lens. What is the average value on Ebay?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Canon does something right they do it really right Shocked
Great quality from this all Canon combo.
Excellent work as always Stan Cool

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple but efficient images, great color show. the ones with the green leaves, 4th & 5 are the best for me.

The lens iq is also fantastic. Ok now the stupid question : fluorite ... does this means that you can actually brush your teeth with that lens ?

Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh! thank you ALL for your NICE WORDS !!!

@ Orio - the main problem is FINDING this lens ..

1 - it's quite rare
2 - it's collectable
3 - performs pretty good Smile

I have found these and prices are VERY VERY HIGH:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-FL-2-8-300mm-S-S-C-Fluorite_W0QQitemZ230436298439QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCamera_Lenses?hash=item35a712dec7#ht_1996wt_1082

I have got EXACTLY this copy - FL version - the aperture is just behind the middle, closer to the front glass ..
My copy is not in the same condition but glasses are ok.. it came with case + filters, only the front cap is missing and knob for the hood is not working

My copy was found on ebay.co.uk and you know how this ends ! I am telling my wife: there's been an accident Smile--
you must buy it Smile let's say I have made a bargain .. Wink

This is the FD version - aperture is in the rear .. otherwise the same piece of glass
http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-300mm-F2-8-FD-Fluorite-EOS-Mount-pro-conversion_W0QQitemZ120540482412QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cameras_Photographic_Accessories?hash=item1c10c5cb6c

tf

Last edited by trifox on Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:
Simple but efficient images, great color show. the ones with the green leaves, 4th & 5 are the best for me.

The lens iq is also fantastic. Ok now the stupid question : fluorite ... does this means that you can actually brush your teeth with that lens ?
Very Happy

Yes, you can clean teeth with this lens but don't want to know the result Smile

FLUORITE: .. the lens has ONE FLUORITE element (contains Fluorophosphate) to reduce chromatic abberations..

read this article..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluorophosphate_glass

For example -- the modern version Canon FD 300 2.8 L has 2 ultra dispersed glass elements and one fluorite to reduce chromatic aberration

tf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found also this on one ebay auction - FL 300 f/5.6 - it was first canon fluorite ever made:

Click here to see on Ebay

About: A high performance telephoto lens. This is the first interchangeable lens for SLR cameras in the world, which used artificial crystal fluorite (calcium fluoride/CaF2) lens elements to achieve extremely high contrast correcting chromatic aberration, which is destiny of super telephoto lenses. Fluorite has a crystalline structure and is equipped with extraordinary optical characteristics unobtainable with optical glass - a low index of refraction and low dispersion. It used two fluorite elements. Moreover, the dispersion characteristics of fluorite are nearly identical with optical glass for wavelengths in the range from red to green, but differ greatly for wavelengths in the range from green through blue. Those characteristics enable significantly improve the imaging performance of super-telephoto lenses. "F" in the name stands for "Fluorite".

tf