Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

camera$
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: camera$ Reply with quote

Anyone bought stuff from "camera$" on ebay?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. But small items only. Fast shipping, condition as described, outrageous pricing.

He is generally supposed to be one of the reasonably honest ones among the overpriced sellers (there are others with a much worse track record). It does not go quite as far as announcing items in poor condition as wasted or broken on the title line, but he generally gives an accurate description in the fine print and will show the damage in detail on some pictures.

Given the price, he is not really a reasonable source, unless time is a more critical factor than cost - he prices at roughly double book value, and book value already is twice the ebay going rate. You can get anything at half to quarter the price if you can wait...

Sevo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevo wrote:
Yes. But small items only. Fast shipping, condition as described, outrageous pricing.

He is generally supposed to be one of the reasonably honest ones among the overpriced sellers (there are others with a much worse track record). It does not go quite as far as announcing items in poor condition as wasted or broken on the title line, but he generally gives an accurate description in the fine print and will show the damage in detail on some pictures.

Given the price, he is not really a reasonable source, unless time is a more critical factor than cost - he prices at roughly double book value, and book value already is twice the ebay going rate. You can get anything at half to quarter the price if you can wait...

Sevo

Thanks for the headsup. I was looking at a lightmeter he had. It was about half the price I have found in sweden. I'll keep looking though and see if anything else show up. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find this seller to over charge on most of his camera's. I wouldnt buy from him, I can find the same gear for much less money 90% of the time.

Do your research before bidding. Always check the closing bids on an item you interested in.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted about this guy = arrogant s.?.b, was my call.. banging on about K mount lenses which were not, and many other false assumptions - avoid would be my advice.

Oh and pricing? INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forum.mflenses.com/crap-ebay-seller-camera-t19031.html

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
I've posted about this guy = arrogant s.?.b, was my call.. banging on about K mount lenses which were not, and many other false assumptions - avoid would be my advice.

This is the same guy who claimed the Fujinon X lens was a PK mount? Shocked

HA Ha Ha!!!

I forgot about that... Very Happy

I always see him selling cameras for way over what they are worth. I ignore this guy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the very same 'expert'... or w*nker as Brits would say! lol

Doug

spiralcity wrote:
nemesis101 wrote:

This is the same guy who claimed the Fujinon X lens was a PK mount? Shocked

HA Ha Ha!!!

I forgot about that... Very Happy

I always see him selling cameras for way over what they are worth. I ignore this guy.