Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

C/Y S-Planar f2.8 Focus ring out of calibration
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: C/Y S-Planar f2.8 Focus ring out of calibration Reply with quote

I have a Zeiss S-Planar 60mm Makro.Amazing lens.I think though due to its age as well as using it with an adapter that is hard to get on and off that the focus ring is not calibrated correctly and has a little play in it.
In other words when the lens is at infinity focus position it reads at 0.8 meters on the focus scale.When i take the lens to 1:1 it reads correctly.
I can live with this but as many of us know we tend to want our lenses to be perfect is there any safe way to get this calibrated correctly? The focus ring is smooth as a Zeiss should be and the IQ of this lens is amazing and the glass is like a new one.So i do not want to mess this lens up, any suggestions would be appreciated.Might be best to send it to Zeiss for service
-Jim

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask Trifox, I think his repair service does this kind of job

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: C/Y S-Planar f2.8 Focus ring out of calibration Reply with quote

Jim Schemel wrote:
I have a Zeiss S-Planar 60mm Makro.Amazing lens.I think though due to its age as well as using it with an adapter that is hard to get on and off that the focus ring is not calibrated correctly and has a little play in it.
In other words when the lens is at infinity focus position it reads at 0.8 meters on the focus scale.When i take the lens to 1:1 it reads correctly.
I can live with this but as many of us know we tend to want our lenses to be perfect is there any safe way to get this calibrated correctly? The focus ring is smooth as a Zeiss should be and the IQ of this lens is amazing and the glass is like a new one.So i do not want to mess this lens up, any suggestions would be appreciated.Might be best to send it to Zeiss for service
-Jim

I have already replied your PM..

Tf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it possible that its just your adapter that make it focus past infinity?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to clarify that the lens does focus to infinity its just that when it does the distance indicator on the lens does not read infinity.Thanks to all for their input so far.
-Jim