Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Budapest 2007 trip, Day 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Budapest 2007 trip, Day 1 Reply with quote

Here's the photos of the first day of my Budapest vacation.
The first day was a shorter day for me and Monica because we arrived in the early morning and had to sleep to recover for the sleepless driving night.
So not many photos.
Also in my Bessie I had an expired film loaded which I forgot to remove so the colours are not always ideal (in a couple of cases I just opted for the B&W).
Hope you like these, there are many more for the following days but I don't know if I'll be able to publish them soon:

http://www.orio.ws/temp/BD1_D1/index.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Monika's portrait and the blue sky!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is nice, Orio!

I am glad that it not just me who keeps forgetting which lens he has used on film. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
That is nice, Orio!

I am glad that it not just me who keeps forgetting which lens he has used on film. Wink

Well, I shot 14 rolls of slides in 6 days, so I think I am excuseable Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series.. I always enjoy your mixing of trees/environment with the other subjects... Learning lot of points from your series... Budapest views from Citadel are perfect examples of your mastery...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballu wrote:
Great series.. I always enjoy your mixing of trees/environment with the other subjects... Learning lot of points from your series... Budapest views from Citadel are perfect examples of your mastery...

Thanks Ballu, you're too nice. I'm glad you like the panoramas, I am happy with them too (although they had to be AF unfortunately). The citadel is a fantastic point of view on Budapest because like you point out, you can use the trees to frame the city.
I'm also happy that you noticed that I use this kind of composition often. I will admit without shame that I derive it from my passion for the landscape paintings, both those of the 17th century and those of the 19th century.
A lot of my photo landscapes is indebted to those sources. I keep looking for this kind of sceneries when I go out with my camera.

Here's an example of the kind of paintings that continuously inspire me in my photo landscape efforts:

I could shoot this kind of landscape a thousand times and never have enough. Smile

Getting back onto Budapest subject, that evening also we've been lucky to catch a very beautiful sunset - and once again, Canon's CMOS proved to be unbeatable in rendering the colours of the sunsets.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely shots, and really nice to hear about your inspirations...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful, Orio! I've seen many pictures of Budapest from the Citadel and I can't remember any as good as this one of yours framed by the trees.
Orio wrote:
I could shoot this kind of landscape a thousand times and never have enough. Smile
Well said, same here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Smile