Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Birding with Hanimex 135/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Birding with Hanimex 135/2.8 Reply with quote

Tried some birds this morning with Hanimex 135/2.8. The more I use this lens the more I like it.

Shot wide open

shot @f4

Also shot @f4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nuthatch pic is nice.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@revers We have those around here alot. They aren't too shy, so they are easy to get decent shots of.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very decent shots. There is not much "bad" 135mm lenses around really. Even my cheapest 135mm Optomax lens is very good stop down a little.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked this one up for $35 usd. It looks new, I don't see any wear on it at all. So far I am happy with it's performance.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a keeper to me. Slight contrast boost on the wide shot would help it.

I think it's a Tokina lens isn't it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@martin I think it is I have seen a tokina on ebay that looked very similar only all black.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar Hanimex lens but with a leather-look focusing grip.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like any other 135' this lens is a very good performer. Honestly, I've bought over 50 135's, I don't think there is one that I found bad performer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ducdao wrote:
Like any other 135' this lens is a very good performer. Honestly, I've bought over 50 135's, I don't think there is one that I found bad performer.

+1 usually they are all good with some exceptions. This lens is beautiful too! Congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a mamiya 2,8/135 TL/DTL lens. Probably made by Tokina.

It was practicaly the same like yours.

Very good lens. And excelent for the money.

Nice purchase.

Rino

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mansony/3721154203/in/photostream/

Rino

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just added this pic of the "birds" on our wind chimes with the same lens @2.8 if I remember right.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to see such fine results from a lens I have only barely heard of before. It looks to
me like you made a VERY good buy, and that lens is definitely a keeper. Even the styling
and build of the lens looks very nice. Way to go!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could say that I got this lens because I did my research and decided from there. I did try to do some research and didn't really turn up any info on the lens. The truth is that it was the price and the condition that the lens was in that got me to hit the "buy now" button. I guess that I took a chance that turned out good. Now all I have to do is repeat it many times for the other focal lengths that I would like to own...... Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adent wrote:
I picked this one up for $35 usd. It looks new, I don't see any wear on it at all. So far I am happy with it's performance.

It's Sun made. I saw one on Ebay with label, sadly i cannot find link.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it's not a rebranded Tokina? Take a look here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/third-party-japanese-lenses-models-and-makers-t45463.html

Serial number is almost identical.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's exactly that post that reminded me to post. SUN on the label. Spanish or Portuguese seller. Only around week ago.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUN allright! And it was Belgium seller - luckily in my watch list. I think 12 EUR is good price for this lens so i took it
(i am afraid of the shipping costs though). Click here to see on Ebay.de