Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Third party Japanese lenses - models and makers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Third party Japanese lenses - models and makers Reply with quote

This thread is provided in order to bring together information relating to third party Japanese lenses from the 1960s and 1970s...maybe even some from the 1980s!

The purpose is to display pictures and details of lenses confirmed as being made by a particular manufacturer e.g. Tokina, but branded with several other names. Proof is best provided with photos of lenses bearing their original manufacturer's name, but other evidence is also welcome e.g. other lenses in the line with the same features have been seen with the original name on the ring.

As more variants are seen, they can be added to the thread and linked to others with the same manufacturer but displaying a different brand.

I will attempt to keep the main post updated with the information found in the posts below. Please note: photos from ebay auctions are best saved and re-uploaded as they tend to disappear after a couple of months Wink

Have fun!

Tokina

Tele-Tokina 800/8 - also seen branded as Soligor

Tele-Tokina 400/6.3 - also seen branded as Soligor and Hanimex

Tele-Tokina 300/5.5 - also seen branded as Soligor and Hanimex

(Photo borrowed from a seller on ebay - their link Click here to see on Ebay)

Tele-Tokina 200/4.5

(Photos borrowed from a seller on ebay - their link Click here to see on Ebay)

Tokina 200/4.5 as a Yashica Super Yashinon-R

(Photos borrowed from a seller on ebay - their link Click here to see on Ebay)

Tokina 75-260/4.5

Tokina 75-260/4.5 as Soligor

Tokina 75-260/4.5 as Optomax (labelled as 80-250/4.5)

Last edited by ManualFocus-G on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:14 am; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokina Tele-Auto 300/5.5

Also sold as Soligor, Vivitar, Hanimex, Lentar, Sears, Mamiya and Ricoh, among others no doubt.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokina Tele-Auto 135mm/3.5

Also seen branded as Hanimex, Ricoh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those are the ones i have, if you could tell by them who was the manufacturer ill be glad to know.

Soligor 180mm f3.5 (OM mount)

Soligor 300mm f5.5 (old minolta mount)

and some unknown lens with unknown, to me, mount.. 35mm f2.8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have your 180
I have seen it as a Kominar - hence made by Nittoh - brands were Kominar/Komine

I have a couple of your 300 - Tokyo Koki aka Tokina - see my post above.

If I recall correctly Cimko made your 35mm - the open diamond index mark on the DOF scale is the giveaway.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks great to know, and yeah i saw your post only after i posted mine.
ive never heard of Cimko... did they make any other, interesting, lenses?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Tokina Tele-Auto 135mm/3.5

Also seen branded as Hanimex, Ricoh

Finally! I've wondered who made this for a while, great looking lens! I've had two, one was awful and the other was great!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tele-Tokina Koki Tokyo 135mm f2.8, counted to 15 aperture blades. The adapter is M42.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some of my babies.

Super-Lentar 28mm 2.8
Palinar 135mm 3.5
Hanimex 135mm 3.5 (with no mount on)
Sears 135mm 3.5
(Prinz) Galaxy 200mm 4.5 this one I have not used yet as its one of those 47mm screw mounts and the mount attached is oddly a Lecia M39

The Sears, Hanimex and Palinar all produce the same image qualities as each other. The Super-Lentar which I believe like the Sears was produced for the USA market, again I have not really had a play with this lens either. Am I right in thinking they are all Koki Tokyo manufactured lenses?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe these are all Tokyo Koki lenses, other than the 28mm, which I am not sure of.

I am sure there was a 28mm f/3 preset made by Tokyo Koki. I have one of these unfortunately with a bad aperture.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoli4 wrote:
those are the ones i have, if you could tell by them who was the manufacturer ill be glad to know.

Soligor 180mm f3.5 (OM mount)

it looks a lot like my Hanimex:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Super-Lentar Reply with quote

http://www.photopentax.com/objectifs/lentar/lentar%20m42%2028mm%20f2.8%20super%20auto.jpg

Made by Lentar of Tokyo and New York!