Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Battery Yashica 35
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Battery Yashica 35 Reply with quote

When I got my Yashica 35, there where of course no power on the battery

The cam was born using E164. E164 is impossible to buy today. I therefore tried a 476A. Problem is the size, 476A is smaller in every way. The spec is the same.

A pack of gum and some tape, a spring from a old flashlight is all that is needed. Works perfect.

This cam is getting popular ion MFlences, so I tough I would share my DIY solution.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for sharing this trick!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see your version Smile

All the Electro-35 users end by making one. I used a body of an old marker for it: http://forum.mflenses.com/dedicated-to-andy-finally-i-got-to-manage-it-t4250,highlight,yashica+battery+adapter.html

Good job, Lahnet!

Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damm Jes, I did not see you version. That would had saved me some trouble.

BTW, yours are far more elegant that mine, but what the ****, it works Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lahnet wrote:
Damm Jes, I did not see you version. That would had saved me some trouble.

BTW, yours are far more elegant that mine, but what the ****, it works Smile

I do prefer simpler solutions... I think F16sunshine did something similar with a transparent pipe and a spring, much simpler than mine, but I cannot find it in the forum. And yours is simpler as well Sad
The best approach is the one that works... Wink

Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen the plastic tubes with metal contacts at the end on ebay? Like $10 shipped for a pair...quite an elegant solution.

I'll be picking up GSN #2 soon from a local seller...maybe the meter will work on this one Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Just rec'd a mint chrome GSN from a coworker, and Google for a battery replacement. Lithium 123 batteries came up, but those are 3 volts each x 2 = 6 volts...wouldn't that blow out the circuits?

Tho' I like the idea of not having to use springs/tubes/etc.

http://www.duracelldirect.com/yashica_electro-35_batteries_digital-camera_dl123ab2pk.aspx
Thoughts?