Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica Electro 35 battery tutorial link- dedicated to Andy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Yashica Electro 35 battery tutorial link- dedicated to Andy Reply with quote

Hi mates,
As you might know, Andy was so kind of sending me a Yashica Electro 35 that was faulty.
Now I'm the proud owner of a functional one Wink
Not too difficult. The side effect is that I managed to build a battery adapter with common matterials that I can obtain locally, (and not to wait for weeks for delivery from some other part of this nice -but big- world).

This is the adapter:

If you want to know the whole story, there is a web page on my home server: http://watersmurf.homelinux.com/photo/yashica

Andy, Thanks again!
Best regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jes
You have a real talent to write tutorial, very instructive
I liked also the trick with the marker
And the link to the forum was also a nice surprise

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Hi Jes
You have a real talent to write tutorial, very instructive
I liked also the trick with the marker
And the link to the forum was also a nice surprise

Thanks, Poilu, very kind of you.
I put the link to draw some traffic to the forum, but I'm afraid my site is not heavily visited... I got around 200 hits... per year Wink
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Jes
I second Poilu, your tutorial is fantastic! It looks like you are having as much fun re-building these old cameras as I am. I hope it is a good performer for you. Bill also has one now. It is the begining of a new club. Maybe only rivalled by the trioplanners Laughing (oops I am a member there also).

Best regards
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done tutorial, Jes! Hurray for the Electro-35s! Smile

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to both!

Andy, you're right. I like to fix things that are not operative. So I'm a new member of the Yashica fans club, with the Electro, three Lynx and one Minister D!.

Now I'm cleaning up the door guides to replace the seals. The resealing is quite simple in the Electro 35. This week end I'll be shooting the first roll on the Electro... I love its impressive lens, and the weigthy feeling when it's in the hands.

Probably I will try the first shots before taking out the top cover to clean the rangefinder and viewfinder glasses. Although it seems not to be a risky process.

BTW, how both of you did deal with the battery issue?.
Best regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jes
I posted on another link a quick and dirty picture of my homemade battery adapter. The battery is the same as your so is the adapter really here is link. http://forum.mflenses.com/ok-a-yashica-electro-35gt-in-black-t4114.html

You are right, removing the top to clean rangefinder is very low risk. Check out the section on Matt Dentons site. The only big thing to remember is to mark the ASA ring so you line it up the same when re-assembling. I set mine all the way to 1000 and use a pencil to mark the spot on the camera. The lynx is even easier with no asa ring.

All the best
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Hi Jes
I posted on another link a quick and dirty picture of my homemade battery adapter. The battery is the same as your so is the adapter really here is link. http://forum.mflenses.com/ok-a-yashica-electro-35gt-in-black-t4114.html

You are right, removing the top to clean rangefinder is very low risk. Check out the section on Matt Dentons site. The only big thing to remember is to mark the ASA ring so you line it up the same when re-assembling. I set mine all the way to 1000 and use a pencil to mark the spot on the camera. The lynx is even easier with no asa ring

Thanks, Andy!. It seems that I missed part of that thread. I see you got a simpler and elegant approach. I should have thought about transparent plastic pipe!.

Yesterday I found at the HW store, a 16mm PVC rigid gray pipe that I almost bought... It refrained me the fact that was sold in pieces of 2,40 meters long. Enough to build around 100 adapters Wink

Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jes,

I'm resurrecting this old thread because I would like to make an adapter for my Yashica Electro GT. Of the various adapter attempts I've seen, I like the looks of yours. I tried clicking on the link you show in the top message, but my browser just times out. Is that still a good URL?

Hrm . . . upon further reading, I came across information on the A32PX battery, which is meant to be a direct replacement for the PX32. Here I was, under the impression that there was no replacement for the PX32, and come to find out, there is one!

http://www.amazon.com/Exell-V32PXA-TR164A-Alkaline-Battery/dp/B005MDOWR2

So, never mind on the adapter, I guess. Not when I can buy a real replacement battery.