Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bali Pictures Part II (Arax 35/2.8 Tilt&Shift)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Bali Pictures Part II (Arax 35/2.8 Tilt&Shift) Reply with quote

Here are some pictures taken with the Arax 35/2.8 Tilt&Shift lens:

You can see all my Bali pictures here: http://abbazz.zenfolio.com/p276148366/

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it looks like the person I talked to told me the truth, it indeed seems a very detailed lens (although difficult to tell from a resize).

Must get one of those one day or another.

Great images, I love much #1 and #3.
But first one especially, it really is moody.

_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Yes, it looks like the person I talked to told me the truth, it indeed seems a very detailed lens (although difficult to tell from a resize).

Thanks for the kind words.

Wide open, the Arax is rather soft, especially in the corners, but this is also the case with the Canon 24 T/S lens. It becomes very sharp over the whole field from F/8. The only problem is the bokeh, which is not as soft as it should be.

When I bought this lens last year, I paid less than $400. The price is now $649, which seems less of a bargain...

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbazz wrote:
Orio wrote:

Thanks for the kind words.

Wide open, the Arax is rather soft, especially in the corners, but this is also the case with the Canon 24 T/S lens. It becomes very sharp over the whole field from F/8. The only problem is the bokeh, which is not as soft as it should be.

When I bought this lens last year, I paid less than $400. The price is now $649, which seems less of a bargain...

Cheers!

Abbazz

Yes I see what you mean about the bokeh, but it's far from nasty. I particularly like the shop shot.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
I understand that Tilt and Shift on a digital camera will increase CA quite seriously because of the focussing angle of the microsensor. Do you see any of this?

The chromatic aberrations increase a bit when the lens is tilted but, as this lens exhibits only a moderate amount of CA per se, the CA when tilted is almost unnoticeable on most pictures.

The problem when shooting handheld with T&S lenses (all of them) is that you have to meter before shifting or tilting the lens. If you meter once the lens is shifted or tilted, or if you rely on the autoexposure on the camera, the picture will certainly be greatly over- or underexposed (depending on the direction of the lens' movement). With a bit of experience with the lens, you learn to know the correction needed for every movement, so you can set your movement, dial the appropriate correction on the camera and shoot in Av mode.

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information on the tilt-shift. The pictures are very appealing.