Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Background fabric for portraits
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Background fabric for portraits Reply with quote

I am looking for a background fabric for portraits. The color I want is sugar-paper blue.
If anyone knows of an online fabrics store with good prices please let me know. Here in Italy the prices of fabrics are insane. Even the warehouses ask about 20 euros per meter. Let alone the prices of normal stores. I am looking for a price around 10 euros per meter. I know it must be possible somewhere.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The closest thing I could find is this:

http://www.ilfotoamatore.it/Scheda_Avanzata.asp?ID=1969&art=VD185

the price is 15 euros per meter - not bad, but I was hoping in something cheaper.
Also the shade of blue is not exactly what I want - I'd like the real sugar-paper blue which is darker and less saturated.

If I can't find anything better I'll buy this one. On Ebay I could find an italian seller with backgrounds of 4 meters that cost eur 40, so the right price (10 euros per meter), but the colors are awful, spotted and distracting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just on a side note, blue was used for sugar paper because it was beleived that flies did not like it! thats what I heard anyway!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you can check here:
Foto-Brenner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hacksawbob wrote:
just on a side note, blue was used for sugar paper because it was beleived that flies did not like it! thats what I heard anyway!

As strange as it may seem, this is not a fantasy. Flies do not like the blue colour, this is proven.
I tell you a nice story, the football club I am fan of (Inter of Milano) has black and blue stripes flag.
Inter has a lot of free camps for poor children around the world. They teach football and also school for free for children that can not pay. There are some in Africa too. In one of these places, they found that the black and blue stripes flag can keep the Tze-Tze fly away. Tze-Tze fly bite is one of main death causes in some parts of Africa. So the charity organizations have asked Inter if they could send some flags to protect the beds of people while sleeping, and actually save lives with football flags!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Perhaps you can check here:
Foto-Brenner

Thanks Carsten, they look nice.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
hacksawbob wrote:

As strange as it may seem, this is not a fantasy. Flies do not like the blue colour, this is proven.
I tell you a nice story, the football club I am fan of (Inter of Milano) has black and blue stripes flag.
Inter has a lot of free camps for poor children around the world. They teach football and also school for free for children that can not pay. There are some in Africa too. In one of these places, they found that the black and blue stripes flag can keep the Tze-Tze fly away. Tze-Tze fly bite is one of main death causes in some parts of Africa. So the charity organizations have asked Inter if they could send some flags to protect the beds of people while sleeping, and actually save lives with football flags!

Fantastic! I knew that football is a great sport!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check this out too Orio: http://www.diyphotography.net/homestudio/chaep-diy-muslin-photography-background

DIY solution Smile

Tom