Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Back to the Yashica Mat and Back to the Desert
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Back to the Yashica Mat and Back to the Desert Reply with quote

Here's the other desert southwest image I was trying to find.

This is Double-O Arch, aptly named. See the smaller "O" down below the massive upper "O"? To give you an idea of scale, that smaller "O" is twice my height, or about 12 feet. Shocked

I think the upper "O" has an inside diameter of about 80 feet! Massive!

Back at the Ranger Station, I was told that the "outboard horn" reaching off to the left, was part of an even more massive arch thousands of years ago. I guess that would have made it "Triple O Arch".

It's about three miles across a particularly scenic portion of the Arches National Park to get to this arch.

This is an instance where Velvia is good. The orange colorations are quite "true" to what is seen, and the Velvia helped preserve that color in the shadowed areas.

This was a "natural" image for the square format of the Yashica Mat; the circles fit into the frame nicely, to me. I sure love that Yashica.

Double O Arch

Yashica Mat 124
f:16, 1/30th
Fuji Velvia 50

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic!!
It's amazing what nature creates only with the wind!
And excellent capture of course - but now, it becomes needless to say when it's about one of your pictures!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing colors and tones in this! I never get tired of seeing your Yashie
pics! Smile

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those SW deserts are something else. Got any Grand Canyon pics Laurence?

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Larry

You spoil us with these!! Really though, you have had some fine adventures it seems. And some fine photos to go with. Very inspirational thankyou.

Smile Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Velvia does suit well (and that's coming from someone who was always a Kodachrome 25 fan instead).

Need I say great shot, again Wink