Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Revuenon 55mm F1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Auto Revuenon 55mm F1.4 Reply with quote

First test shots around the house.
All between f1.4 and f2.8.

Crops

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed! Not only the lens performance, also your photos!

That Revuenon shows great value. It's a good lens but with that "low reputation" name still affordable.
Congratulations!

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all amazing samples!!
I like the color tone.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones karen!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Samples! Could you take some Pictures @1.4
at further distances? Maybe some close to infinity?
TIA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Very nice indeed! Not only the lens performance, also your photos!

That Revuenon shows great value. It's a good lens but with that "low reputation" name still affordable.
Congratulations!

I totally agree.
Well done Karen.
The rendering here looks very Tomioka-ish to my eyes and I have read (somewhere) that there were 55/1.4 Auto-Revuenons made by Tomioka. Is the back element flat on its outside surface - if so, maybe ............
Love this one:

Thanks for sharing these
OH

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful stuff Karen!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The back element is indeed flat. I will post pictures of the actual lens tomorrow Smile

Thanks all!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is. . . Wow!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures with my Auto Revuenon 1.4/55mm at 1.4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow wow Shocked I searched for some photos before but this set may be the best.
I tried to find this lens with low price on ebay (maybe just within $50-$80 range) but I failed. How much did you pay to get this lens, Karen?
My Auto Revuenon 28/2.8 is my favorite, very sharp and good color rendition, so I want to get other good Revuenon lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If indeed a Tomioka, and perhaps this is probable, then there are other brands that were also Tomiokas.
One is the Auto Chinon 55 1.4 and I think maybe also some Fujinon 55/1.4's as well
OH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots! Looks better than what I've seen from the 1.2 version.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Langstrum wrote:
Wow wow Shocked I searched for some photos before but this set may be the best.
I tried to find this lens with low price on ebay (maybe just within $50-$80 range) but I failed. How much did you pay to get this lens, Karen?
My Auto Revuenon 28/2.8 is my favorite, very sharp and good color rendition, so I want to get other good Revuenon lenses.
i paid 10€ for it, but I never buy on ebay.

I got it together with a revuenon special 28mm f2,8 and revuenon special 135mm f2,8. I have to research what is the difference between auto revuenons and revuenons special. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which Version of the Revuenon do you have, Karen?
I have the one with the "O" shaped rubber ring. Mine
has also a flat rear Element. I love it. I've paid 45€.
Sometimes you get some kind of swirly Bokeh with it.
Like in the 2nd Photo from Valjo.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens:
I hope the flat rear element is visible enough, it doesn't have the 0 shaped grip on the focus ring:

Last edited by !Karen on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting it is typical Cosina body and flat rear Tomioka optics.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Interesting it is typical Cosina body and flat rear Tomioka optics.

Very interesting indeed.
The results "feel" like Tomioka to me Smile
OH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Cosinon 55 1.4 . It has a flat rear lens like the Tomiokas and this Revuenon. I was told that Cosinon used to make lenses under its name and for other brands or manufacturers. So there are many doubts about the Tomioka origine of those lenses.
Mine is very sharp and contrasty but a little bit heavy and big for my liking.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my Auto Revuenon 1.4/55mm:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! It looks completely different Very Happy the name ring, aperture ring, focus ring, colours,...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cosinon 55/1.4 very similar indeed.

real twins !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
If indeed a Tomioka, and perhaps this is probable, then there are other brands that were also Tomiokas.
One is the Auto Chinon 55 1.4 and I think maybe also some Fujinon 55/1.4's as well

There is no Fujinon 55mm f/1.4, and the 50mm f/1.4's (there at least four different versions) bear no resemblance to the claimed Tomioka lenses. This is also the first I've heard of this rumour applied to Fujinons – usually it is said that the Yashinon and Mamiya lenses are the same as the “Tomioka” 55mm f/1.4, but even that seems doubtful as the common Yashinons, like Fujinons, are 50mm f/1.4 and the furthermore my Yashinon-DS 50mm f/1.4 is radioactive whereas my Revuenon 55mm f/1.4 is not. The Mamiya 55mm f/1.4 I don't have.

In any case, I'd take all of the Tomioka claims of these f/1.4 lenses with great scepticism – there are clearly even different versions of the Revuenon 55mm f/1.4, so which one is the Tomioka, or are there many Tomioka lenses, and how do we know them to be made by Tomioka?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is sure is that Yashica used to have Tomioka as supplier for lenses and finally bought Tomioka.
I don't think that the radioactivity is a criterium to exclude Tomioka as the producer of a lens. I can imagine that they produced lenses according different specifications.
It is clear also that the first version of the Revuenon shown on this thread is the same lens as my Cosinon.
This lens is pretty good.
This Tomioka story/enigma is never ending .That is strange. Why such an interest?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:
Oldhand wrote:

There is no Fujinon 55mm f/1.4, and the 50mm f/1.4's (there at least four different versions) bear no resemblance to the claimed Tomioka lenses. This is also the first I've heard of this rumour applied to Fujinons – usually it is said that the Yashinon and Mamiya lenses are the same as the “Tomioka” 55mm f/1.4, but even that seems doubtful as the common Yashinons, like Fujinons, are 50mm f/1.4 and the furthermore my Yashinon-DS 50mm f/1.4 is radioactive whereas my Revuenon 55mm f/1.4 is not. The Mamiya 55mm f/1.4 I don't have.

In any case, I'd take all of the Tomioka claims of these f/1.4 lenses with great scepticism – there are clearly even different versions of the Revuenon 55mm f/1.4, so which one is the Tomioka, or are there many Tomioka lenses, and how do we know them to be made by Tomioka?

Meh!
Can't believe I typed Fujinon! Meant to type Yashinon!
DOH!
Gives self an uppercut!
OH