Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Revuenon 50mm 1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Auto Revuenon 50mm 1.8 Reply with quote

I recently acquired an Auto Revuenon 50 1.8 for next to nothing out of my local store's bargain bin. M42 mount.

At first I thought is was a Takumar - fluted focus collar etc but no such luck.....but

......it takes beautiful pictures. My 50 1.8 Tak has competition

I can't find much on this one on the net; plenty for the 1.4 but not for the 1.8. Is it one of the Tomioka's, or Chinons, or anything please?

Writing round the front element: F=1.8 f=50mm No.103644 AUTO REVUENON.

Thank you

Phil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to our nice forum, Phil!

With regards to your lens: a picture of it says a 1000 words.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Spotmatic.

I had a feeling you might say that.

Oh well, let's see what we can do

Phil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Auto Revuenon was made by a lot of different manufacturers. There are Revuenons made by Pentacon, there's even a Russian Revuenon 50mm (though not f/1.Cool. I think it's Japanese though, but as I said: a picture will surely help!

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Revuenon 50mm 1.8 Reply with quote

f8orbust wrote:

I can't find much on this one on the net; plenty for the 1.4 but not for the 1.8. Is it one of the Tomioka's, or Chinons, or anything please?

Writing round the front element: F=1.8 f=50mm No.103644 AUTO REVUENON.

Thank you

Phil

M42?
Clone of Pentacon 50/1.8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having trouble posting a picture. I have resized, re-taken with 1.5 mps and lot's of other things. I'll try again tomorrow.

I have a 50mm 1.8 Pentacon MC and it is not the same appearance; this looks like a Takumar and some 50mm 1.4 Revuenon lens pictures I have seen on the web.

I'll be in touch, and thank you both

Phil

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then can you point us to one of those Revuenon 50/1.4 lens pictures on the web?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Auto Revuenon 50mm 1.8 Reply with quote

[/url]

Sorry for the delay. Haven't done this before

Phil

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say that it's a... Chinon! What do the others think?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks the same as the 55/1.4 I had for sale in the Marketplace section...hang on I'll dig out a photie.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Cosina-branded Cosinon Auto 50/1.8 which looks exactly the same, with the silver ring on the behind and a small silver A/M switch.

My copy of the Revuenon Auto MC 50/1.8, on the other hand, is an exact copy of my Pentacon Auto MC 50/1.8.

I never remember which factory made which and haven't documented it anywhere... which begs the question: who made which?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Revuenon 50mm 1.8 Reply with quote

f8orbust wrote:

[/url]

Sorry for the delay. Haven't done this before

Phil

For me, It's a cosina lens. See

http://www.wholesaledigital.co.za/m42home.htm

Look for cosinon 1,8/50.

Rino.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Auto Revuenon 50 1.8 Reply with quote

Rino

A big Thank You. That looks almost exactly to be the one.

A bit of further research finds that it might be rare in South Africa but not in the rest of the world Sad

There's one (a Cosina one) on ebay at the moment. I don't know how to attach a link but I Googled Tomioka Cosina 50mm 1.8 and it was the first one that came up. Whether or not mine is Tomioka matters not to me; it is a lovely lens for the princely sum of £1 Very Happy

Superb forum and very friendly. Thank you all, especially to Spotmatic for greeting me as a new member and hassling me to send a picture.

Phil

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Phil!

Isn't it amazing that you - sometimes - can find lenses for almost nothing which really take good photos?
The times of bargains are almost over, so hurry up to find some more. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a Auto Cosinon 55mm f/1.4 I have that looks very similar to yours ,in agreement with Rino and others' deduction. The Auto/Manual selector is not as bulky,as the Super Reflecta .Its quite hard to see it in the above images. You can make barely make out it's outline in the left side of first image.

Regards

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Auro Revuenon 50 1.8 Reply with quote

Here's a few pictures to show the lens works fine on Pentax. Nothing special- just for reference.

Lucis. I know!! I have been lucky in that I have five or six local photography shops that did not know what they had. They haven't any more. Severe LBA but at these prices who cares? Laughing

Examples purchased recently:

'Broken' CZJ Tesssar 50/2.8 £0. It works now, with spinning aperture ring (M42)

SMC M Pentax 50 1:2 £4.00 Save the Children Fund (gave £10.00

Helios (Japanese) 28-70 f/3.8 M42 £5.00

Vivitar 35-70 2.8-3.8 £19.00

Super Takumar 55 1.8 £10.00

Helios 44M £5.00

Tamron Adaptall 28-70 (44A) £25.00

I now have over 70 manual focus lenses Embarassed Brilliant aren't they Exclamation

[/img]

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly enoguh, the only 2 50mm lenses I've had are, as it looks, the same lenses with a different name. As mentioned above, Auto Revuenon 50/1.8 looks exactly like Cosina Cosinon Auto 50./1.8, only Cosina has the sign "Made in Japan". I'm delighted 'cause I adore Cosina 50./1.8 and now I've got two Very Happy Of course, I'll probably have to sell one.

Here are two examples, original and crop:

f2.8, min. focus distance:
http://img2.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=45_reuvenon9.jpg

crop:
http://img2.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=45_crop11.jpg

f5.6, infinity
http://img2.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=45_reuvenon12.jpg

crop:
http://img2.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=45_crop13.jpg

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure Chinon made any lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosina indeed:

I was looking up the Pentacon variant which brought me to this old thread Wink.

Sample:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Auro Revuenon 50 1.8 Reply with quote

f8orbust wrote:
I have been lucky in that I have five or six local photography shops that did not know what they had. They haven't any more. Severe LBA but at these prices who cares? Laughing

You are lucky ... all the older "traditional" camera shops locally are long gone, along with their bins of miscellaneous accessories. Just one retail outlet now, and their stock is "limited"!

f8orbust wrote:

I now have over 70 manual focus lenses Embarassed Brilliant aren't they Exclamation

... and I thought I had problems Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Auro Revuenon 50 1.8 Reply with quote

kypfer wrote:
f8orbust wrote:
I have been lucky in that I have five or six local photography shops that did not know what they had. They haven't any more. Severe LBA but at these prices who cares? Laughing

You are lucky ... all the older "traditional" camera shops locally are long gone, along with their bins of miscellaneous accessories. Just one retail outlet now, and their stock is "limited"!

f8orbust wrote:

... and I thought I had problems Wink

You are still on the safe side. Although I've got some 100+ MF lenses of which I don't need and use quite many any longer, I still don't manage to sell a single lens. IMHO that's somehow sick.
Maybe I should look for some mental assistance. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Auro Revuenon 50 1.8 Reply with quote

kypfer wrote:
f8orbust wrote:

Well he wrote it in 2010, when some of them were still holding on Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

larsr wrote:

My copy of the Revuenon Auto MC 50/1.8, on the other hand, is an exact copy of my Pentacon Auto MC 50/1.8.

I would not call that a copy.