Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto-Revuenon 1:4/24mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Auto-Revuenon 1:4/24mm Reply with quote

I'm with bad chance in my Ebay purchases Crying or Very sad . This time I bought an Auto-Revuenon 1:4/24mm for about 15 Euros, but it comes hazy resulting in a strong blue color cast. Not fungus but a kind of misting up, inside the lens, which affects the image quality.
Here you are 5 photos taken off with this lens. Above, the original version without any edition work (only resized in Photoshop to 800px width) and below, the photoshoped version (curves, contrast, vignetting correction, alignment, cropping and elimination of some dust spots due to the dirty CCD).
All the images shooting in jpeg format and I must tell you that my Pentax K10D has a problem with the manual focus and using this mode I can't focus very well in the infinity (I must send it to the brand next week).

Now a question:
It will be easy to dismantle the lens and try to clean it?
Does anyone here ever tried that? Or it's better to put a pro cleaning it? I must pay 25 Euros for that. I did the same with my CZJ 135mm (dust and blocked diaphragm) and it works perfectly now.
And this lens deserves it?
Thanks

Last edited by paulo on Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24mm lenses are not cheap usually. A 25 Euros professional repair (wow... I have to spend 40 Euros here!) will surely costs you less than buying another 24mm lens on Ebay.
So I would chooose the repair.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are not lucky lens element will be glued to each other, I found this awful technic in a Konica lens I couldn't clean it. Don't expect great quality this lens after cleaning. Only a few Auto-Revuenon lens has excellent quality other comes from different cheap vendors. If you are lucky this is one of them, good one, but the chance is little really.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Attila, I think you are reason about the lens quality. I will go to open it to make some experiences. To know how they are made. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You not loose much this is a great test lens to get experience.