Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlantic Puffin
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Atlantic Puffin Reply with quote

with a bill full of sandeels

Getting ready

Start walking

Keep walking

Afterburner

Houston, we have a take off

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
nice shots and commentary Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these birds found everywhere where you live? I mean we don't get them obviously down here in Australia,
but are they like our Parrots you can easily see them in the wild without to much effort? This sort of bird I have only ever seen in those wildlife documentary's....thanks for sharing the images and telling a great story. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic catch !!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Gary, Moira, John, Orio!
I`m glad you liked them.

Moira, I live in Montreal. The picture is taken 1300 km away from me in Mingan Archipelago. Pretty long driving.
No, it`s not a common bird. They are not tagged, never been tagged and unless it`s going to the endangered species list, Park Canada won`t allow tagging.
That is the only colony in Quebec that lives and nests on a very small island. Every year is the same island, same nests, rather dens considering that they are holes dug up to 1 meter deep inside the cliff. The archipelago has around a 1000 islands. Park Canada assumes that after the season in Quebec is over ( they`re nesting in Mingan untill the youngsters are prepared to fly) the colony is heading to Nova Scotia. But, just assumptions. No tags, no certainty.
Interesting fact is that during the winter, those vivid colors from the bill disappear.

Last edited by Himself on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the details...why do they always have to wait for an animal to be endangered before they learn about it more closely. Confused
1300k.. a very long drive indeed,well worth it for the photos you managed to capture this trip.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots ! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, great series, Sorin, the sequential photos are superb!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Bill, Theo!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUPERB! Especially with your funny comments! Thanks! It's made my day!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Attila!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the way you presented this.