Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi Pentax Super Takumar 135mm f2.5 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Asahi Pentax Super Takumar 135mm f2.5 M42 Reply with quote

I am planning to buy this lens, any experience ? Any real benefits compare with f3.5 ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Asahi Pentax Super Takumar 135mm f2.5 M42 Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I am planning to buy this lens, any experience ? Any real benefits compare with f3.5 ?

I don't know the lenses, but one full stop at that focal lenght is a definitive benefit, as long as the full aperture is acceptable.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere this lens is sharp at wide open.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of 135mm I can appreciate the difference from my 2.8/135 Sonnar, which is a great lens, and the 2/135 Planar, which is also great, but with one full stop more, it will let me take photos in situations like the Carnival (winter time, low available light) that the 2.8/135 Sonnar simply won't, or would take blurred.

On a focal lenght of 135mm, one full stop difference is worth gold.

in general, the longer the focal lenght, the more worthy is the speed of a lens.

On a 20mm lens like the Flek, the difference between a 2.8/20mm lens and a 4/20mm lens, is negligible.

ON a 200mm lens, the difference between a 2.8/200 lens (like the CZJ Sonnar), and a 4/200 lens (like the Pentacon), is worth a million.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it,thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Got it,thanks!

I know Smile I was just doing some general reasoning.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know too Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila - I have one of these lenses and I'm quite impressed with it. You know there are two versions, a 5-element (Super Tak, and the early SMCs) and a later 6-element version that I think only came as SMC.

I have the 5-element version. It's sharp, but not too contrasty wide open. I'll post some examples as soon as I can.

If you're looking for this lens, mine is available. PM me if you're interested Smile

ps- I also have the 3.5. It's a nice lens, to my eye, sharp but very ordinary. I think the 2.5 version, while not quite as crisp, has a lot more character. And it's nice wide open.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Please send some sample, these time I only can offer low price because I am full with lenses, need to sell many of them to able to buy new ones.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-- yeah, me too Laughing Laughing

- edit - hooray! the tags are on Very Happy

some pix here... the 135/2.5 pix are wide open - you can see some CA but the sharpness is OK. Use the 'zoom' button under the thumbnails to see a half size image of the selected picture. These are full frame on a 5D.

http://www.philfogle.com/mf/

here's one from the Super Tak 135/2.5 at f4...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw your link , not bad at all , great lens in my opinion.