Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Are there any duplicate lenses in your collection ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Are there any duplicate lenses in your collection ? Reply with quote

We are all collect many cheap but quality lenses. From the best ones I always collect more than one copy if I can. I am worry about perhaps something happen with my lens and I can't buy any more from them.From others I just buy more because cheap.

My duplicate copies are:

Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 1.5/75 mm
one M42 mount and one Exakta mount they are different models
Tamron SP 300mm 5.6/300 mm
Just bought two because very good lens
Meyer-Optik Görlitz Orestor 4/200 mm
Meyer-Optik Görlitz Orestor 2.8/135 mm
Pentacon "zebra" 2.8/135mm
Pentacon MC 2.8/135mm at least 5 pcs because cheap and very good
Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 3.5/135mm
Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 2.8/58mm
Industar-50 3.5/50mm
Kiron 28-210mm
Nikkor 4/200mm
Konica Hexanon 3.5/200mm
Jupiter-11A
Jupiter-137A
Jupiter-11 4/135mm black M39 and M42
Carl Zeiss Flektogon 20mm f/2.8 M42
Carl Zeiss Flektogon 35mm f/2.8 M42
Carl Zeiss Pancolar 50mm f/1.8 M42
Vivitar Macro-focusing 2x converter

Last edited by Attila on Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:49 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have many different lenses but only a few of them with duplicates, for different reasons:

- Jupiter-37xx
I have four of these because I am collecting the different versions. I now have the four basic models, but I would like to get one "Olympic" copy if I can. But since the four copies I have are actually different lenses (or at least, differently named lenses), I don't think that these can really be considered duplicates. They are, in fact, different from each other.

- Jupiter-21M
I also have four of these, because they sell very cheap (from 20 to max. 30 Euros here), and since it's a lens I especially love, I always think that I can perhaps get the "best of the best" copy. Differently from the 37s, these jupiters are real duplicates (many copies of identical lens)

- Volna-9
This happened by accident. I bought one from Ukraine, which arrived after almost four months. In the meantime, having considered the one lost, I bought another. A few days after the second purchase, the first lens arrived in the mail. The problem is that the lenses proved to be so good, that now I have problem deciding to separate myself from one of them

- Tair-11A
I have two of these. Here again the reason is the cheap price, I got my second one for very little money, I bought it because it is a not so common lens to find, and one with a very special characteristic: it has a huge amount of blades.

- Flektogon 4/20
Like the Jupiter-37xx, I don't think I can call my two Flek 4/20 real duplicates, because they are different: one is zebra, the other one is black/orange. Also optically the black/orange copy seems to be slightly better with regards to flare. I will buy a third copy of this lens when I can find one cheap. It's just so good.

- Nikon 2.8/100 series E
My copy of this lens fell on the floor and the hit made the focusing ring not smooth. The lens is optically ok but I wanted to have another one in perfect order. The lens is cheap, so I got a "new" one.

- Helios 40-2
I have two of these and one of the 40 model. Technically only the two 40-2 can be considered duplicates, but again, the two copies are not identical: one has cyrillic writings, the other one western characters. But most importantly, one is most probably multi-coated (or anyway differently coated), while the other one is certainly not.

I finally had a duplicate Flektogon 2.4/35 too, for the same reason as the Volna-9 (I thought first copy was lost in the mail). But I recently sold one of them, so it's not duplicate anymore. And again, they were not real duplicates, because one carried the writing "Carl Zeiss Jena DDR", the other (the one I kept) has the writing "Aus Jena".

I currently plan to get only one more duplicate: another 4/20 Flektogon, because it's probably the lens I use the most, and my two copies are mechanically far from ideal (one is actually defective).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seymore wrote:
All of my dupes are Nikkor:
    200/4
    105/2.5
    55/2.8 micro
    50/1.4

Not a big list...

Why do you have more than one copy from them ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I have each lens just once.
I have more lenses of the same focal length, though.

I rather like to play with new lenses or lens types than collecting copies.
However, I can understand you why you try to get more copies of some lenses.

Carsten

P.S.: Attila, if we ever happen to meet, please bring your Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 1.5/75 in Exa-mount. I would love to shoot some pics with that lens at my EXA I.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

P.S.: Attila, if we ever happen to meet, please bring your Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 1.5/75 in Exa-mount. I would love to shoot some pics with that lens at my EXA I.

Sure no problem, "take back your self in time and come again to Lake Balaton" we should meet there or in Budapest.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, i have just the one of each copy, Although I think I may have a few CZ tessars that came with a bundle! I cant really justify having more than the one copy, otherwise it will just be a dust and fungus farm sitting on the shelf! I would but another tamron 90SP as mine has small ammount of fungus but otherwise is good but I still would like a better copy! Remember you can only put one copy on your camera at once. Are the other copies for looking "at" rather than "through"?