Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anybody know anything about dual focus lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Anybody know anything about dual focus lens? Reply with quote

Any ideas, strange one for me, is it a zoom or what?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dual focal lens, as the name says.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/31413409

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody know anything about this? Reply with quote

Mr G wrote:

The concept is different to a (stepless) zoom. The lens is built to work on a few pre-determined focal lengths; in this case 28mm and 35mm. The lens will lock into the position of the specified setting.

Leica still has a model with 3 pre-set focal lengths, the Tri-Elmar.

If it stays at 0 bids, I might consider picking it up out of curiosity - the Leica Tri Elmar is in a quite different price range Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, imho, it's worth about 9.98 less than 9.99 as it's a load of crap. It's performance is similar to a cheap zoom of the era rather than a prime lens.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Well, imho, it's worth about 9.98 less than 9.99 as it's a load of crap. It's performance is similar to a cheap zoom of the era rather than a prime lens.

I agree with Ian. I had this lens a few years ago and it was a waste of the £5 it cost me. Having said that, I resold it and got £25! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks guys for the replies, so, is this the worst lens ever?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Mr. Green

If I bid on it, it's as a display-item. I don't even have an OM-mount adapter Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are much worse, this one is usable at f8, whereas there are those that are awful at any aperture.

I wish I had space to display my collection, rather than having it stuffed into plastic storage boxes in cupboards out of sight.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody know anything about dual focus lens? Reply with quote

Mr G wrote:

Soligor dual focal were manufactured by sun (sun sold them also on their own tm but not on all markets)
There is already a thread on that lens :
http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-c-d-dual-focus-lens-1-3-5-28mm-and-1-3-8-35mm-t65812.html

Exists also with 85 + 135mm (F4) focal lengths
http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-dualfocal-85mm-135mm-t35156.html

Both lenses have NO interest : The only interest would have been to have higher quality than a zoom and quality is lower than most zooms