Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor dualfocal 85mm / 135mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Soligor dualfocal 85mm / 135mm Reply with quote

Anyone used the Soligor dualfocal 85/135mm F4?
Little on internet, but one on Ebay now http://cgi.ebay.de/Objektiv-Soligor-Dualfocal-1-4-85mm-1-4-135mm-MC-786-/360328657397?pt=DE_Elektronik_Computer_Foto_Camcorder_Objektive_PM&hash=item53e542f9f5#ht_2919wt_905
I found one on the Dutch Marktplaats in PK mount and couldn't resist my curiosity. Have to test it on film when it arrives: it doesn't fit my KM5D.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Soligor dualfocal 85mm / 135mm Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Anyone used the Soligor dualfocal 85/135mm F4?
Little on internet, but one on Ebay now http://cgi.ebay.de/Objektiv-Soligor-Dualfocal-1-4-85mm-1-4-135mm-MC-786-/360328657397?pt=DE_Elektronik_Computer_Foto_Camcorder_Objektive_PM&hash=item53e542f9f5#ht_2919wt_905
I found one on the Dutch Marktplaats in PK mount and couldn't resist my curiosity. Have to test it on film when it arrives: it doesn't fit my KM5D.

Not used but i read tests

1- 2x "dualfocal" lenses weree made by sun and sold by sun & soligor :28/35 & 85/135
2- Quality ok (not stellar but ok)
3- Beware : this is NOT a zoom but a 2 in 1 lens (not intermediate position beetwen 85 & 135)
4- I would better recommand you a 70/150 : same price/true zoom/not bigger and quality at least same or better

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one, badged as Soligor, that I bought mistakenly, not realizing it is in Minolta-MD mount, which I can't use. So I will include it in my next batch of lenses to sell. It's slightly heavy at 440g; has 6 iris blades, 49mm front thread, near focus of 1.8m. It is an interesting concept but I just can't use it. I paid US$15 shipped, in original box with all literature; if I can sell it for US$20, I will be very happy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to confess PBFACTS .... I do have two 70-150mm 3.5 Tamron Adaptall-2 zoom (20A and 20AB); MD, PK, PB and M42 mounts available. And nearest focusdistance 70cm, so that is a nice lens that might be an easy winner over the dualfocal. But I was too curious to let it go.
For me the MD would have been better than the PK, I have several MC/MD bodies, but I knew it was with PK mount. And I have a Pentax ME super plus Ricoh KR10X Very Happy .

Last edited by Minolfan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
For me the MD would have been better than the PK, I have several MC/MD bodies, but I knew it was with PK mount.

Would you like to trade lenses? My MD for your PK? Or would the USA-Netherlands shipping cost too much?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I had a moment the same thought, but the costs of sending this lenses makes them nearly three times as expensive as they were! Otherwise it would be nice.
Not too urgent for me, I have some K-mount film bodies that give me the chance to play with the lens. The Pentax ME super has to come out of the closet again.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked USPS rates for its 1.3 pound / 560g shipping weight and it would cost US$14.20 to ship to Netherlands, which is 35 cents less than I paid for it, shipped. Since I otherwise cannot use it, I will just have to list it on eBay and hope somebody has a BURNING NEED for it. Sigh...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone is interested -- I have listed my Minolta M/MD mount copy on eBay with a starting price of US$0.99. Just search for SOLIGOR DUALFOCAL and there it is. Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And still no photos posted.... Too bad, I was curious.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As previously said, these things (there is also a wide angle dualfocal) are mostly curiosities.

I wonder what they sold for back when they were new. Perhaps there was a marketing niche
for them; all those zoom lenses that are so cheap today weren't so cheap in 1975.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis, I understood that. Still... it will be nice to see what they were capable.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoah! How would one go about making a lens like that? I can't imagine how the optics/mechanics would work!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A zoom lens with a simpler mechanism would be one way.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
A zoom lens with a simpler mechanism would be one way.

IIRC the box and documentation had optical diagrams. Alas, my pictures of those are not available at the moment.