Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ansco Super Memar f.2 Solagon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Ansco Super Memar f.2 Solagon Reply with quote

AKA Agfa Super Silette. EVS era (~'56-57) rangefinder, this one with the f/2 50mm Solagon.

Ansco Super Memar f.2 by Nesster, on Flickr

Birthday Girl, by Nesster, on Flickr

alone, we may contain all by Nesster, on Flickr

Newport dock carts by Nesster, on Flickr

Washington looking south by Nesster, on Flickr

97780008 by Nesster, on Flickr

Hoboken Ferry Terminal, Cloud, sunset by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tremendous results.

What film, and how scanned ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty outstanding! Congrats!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is one good lens... the first two were Memories 200 I got from Bill (Centurion rebadge?) and the rest Fuji Xtra 400. CVS scan, though as usual I did have to dup + blend in 'multiply' to counteract the over exposed scans. Here's another from the Xtra 400 roll

Sun, twice reflected by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it that I never saw these? Fantastic!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very jealous of that Solagon, Jussi, these are all supremely nice! Cool

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing results......all these type of cameras I would normally call "Mickey mouse" and walk past at boot sales Shocked Embarassed erm last camera I walked past was a Contaflex/Tessar for £15 with leaf shutter.

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Contaflex_(SLR)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't walk past that one ! It would be like disdaining to pick up $50-100 on the sidewalk. These do have some value to collectors.

The trick here is that the lens makes the camera.

There are Agfa/Ansco Silettes/Memars just like this with an f/2.8 lens, and viewfinder only versions with an f/3.5 lens, that are worth nearly nothing to a collector. Of course, odds are they can take very fine pictures too.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 4 years ago I could've gotten an Agfa Karat IV with Solagon for around $40, should have snapped it up,
stupid me.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I missed something great.. Good job Jussi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking camera and pictures! Smile
Thanks for sharing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I like using the Memar, though it has one very big drawback: the EV system is particularily difficult. Sometimes I spend a couple of minutes trying to remember how to reset it! You have to push in the aperture/ev ring and look at the number on the side of the lens mount... Not very easy. The EV system was a decent enough idea, however most implementations ignore the fact that most commonly we need to give a +/- 2 stop adjustment for shade and backlight etc.

On my copy the RF patch is a bit off vertically, at some point I'll probably adjust it.

Here are a couple from a recent roll of Fuji 160S

Hibiscus by Nesster, on Flickr

subterranian homesick by Nesster, on Flickr

This one's through a train window

elements by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn fine images, Jussi, I certainly didn't get the same joy with my Solagon Karat, but will try again.