Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another scan
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Another scan Reply with quote

Still trying to get film and scans right.

EOS 3
Flek 2.4 35mm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should judge on a larger size, but from what I can see here, you are close to perfection!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I should judge on a larger size, but from what I can see here, you are close to perfection!

Wow!! Thank you so much Orio.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Maestro Menoni, and the colors just pop in this! Wow! What
film is this, Ron?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Agree with Maestro Menoni, and the colors just pop in this! Wow! What
film is this, Ron?

Thanks Bill, I appreciate it.

I had a time for a while, before I found that the focus screen had dropped down, that I was really discouraged with going back to film.

The film was Kodac gold 200. I have 2 rolls of Fuji - superia 400 to run through the EOS 3 then I would like to get some real nice film and give it a try. I just am not sure what to get. Can I get velvia developed to negs and scan it the same way?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, your scanner has slide holders to scan the slides. Slides have to be
mounted. Thinking about some Provia X or F 400 myself.

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That scan looks very good to me Ron!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Ron, your scanner has slide holders to scan the slides. Slides have to be
mounted. Thinking about some Provia X or F 400 myself.

Bill

I used to have all the slide stuff but have nothing now. Can slide film be developed to negs and not have to bother with the slide holder for scanning?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, the benefit of using slide film is that you can scan the color transparencies. Now I don't know if you can scan using the 35mm neg
holder if the slide film is unmounted, maybe you could. Good question.

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect result! so beautiful horses, you can feel in this pic their healthy hairs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem with the scan, excellent colour tones, graduation and DR.
A very good example of how it should be done.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ron,

Yes the scanning you did is excellent and the Kodak Gold did a good job. (You will looove Velvia-Provia-Astia scans) Wink .

Scanning Velvia or other positive transparencies should be no problem depending on the software you are using. Most have a "Transparency/Positive" option when choosing what to scan.

You might have the lab NOT mount the transparency in slide mounts. (This is what I do). That way, you get the full frame to scan and can cut the film to how many frames you prefer.

Trannys are processed in E6 chemicals and procedures where negs are a C41 process and procedures. The negs will appear cross-processed if you use one C41 where E6 is the proper way. Kind of cool but . . . .

I assume you have a 35mm negative holder?

Jules

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Poilu and Rob. Makes me feel good.

lulalake wrote:
Hi Ron,

Yes the scanning you did is excellent and the Kodak Gold did a good job. (You will looove Velvia-Provia-Astia scans) Wink .

Scanning Velvia or other positive transparencies should be no problem depending on the software you are using. Most have a "Transparency/Positive" option when choosing what to scan.

You might have the lab NOT mount the transparency in slide mounts. (This is what I do). That way, you get the full frame to scan and can cut the film to how many frames you prefer.

Trannys are processed in E6 chemicals and procedures where negs are a C41 process and procedures. The negs will appear cross-processed if you use one C41 where E6 is the proper way. Kind of cool but . . . .

Jules

Thanks Jules.

I was really wondering about this. Thanks so much for the information.

Yes I'm using the 35mm neg holder.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:

lulalake wrote:
Hi Ron,

Jules

Thanks Jules.

Good!
You can get slide mounts fairly inexpensively and mount them later if you wish. I find that I never do though. I have a large box of unused plastic slide mounts gathering dust and if you would like some, email or PM me and I'll send you some so you can experiment with them.

Jules

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron,

Really impressive!. Congrats!.

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everyone else Ron, that's a very fine scan so whatever you're doing, keep doing it. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lulalake wrote:
Schnauzer wrote:

lulalake wrote:
Hi Ron,

Jules

Thanks Jules.

Good!
You can get slide mounts fairly inexpensively and mount them later if you wish. I find that I never do though. I have a large box of unused plastic slide mounts gathering dust and if you would like some, email or PM me and I'll send you some so you can experiment with them.

Jules

Thanks Jules. I think for now I will be happy if I can just get some nice film pictures. I am anxious to get some slide film.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jes and Bob. I appreciate it.