Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa Vista film discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've shown that Agfa Vista is a decent film, and you probably know it's made by Fuji and the majority vote says it's probably C200.
I don't know whether it's a blip but some Poundland stores have run out and my local doesn't seem to stock 36 exposures (just 24 exp) any more, which could suggest Poundland might have a problem buying then selling for £1 as it might be squeezing their profit margin too much....hope I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not C200, the edge codes are different.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
It's not C200, the edge codes are different.

Ah then what is it Question as I can't believe Fuji would open a production line just to make and sell a special different film at rock bottom price to put in a box called Agfa Vista. It's definitely not superia 200 as I'm quite experienced using that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to add more Agfa Vista shots (assuming it's Ok with you)...you can definitely get good results on the cheap.
I was testing my new F90x with the cheap Sigma 70-210 UC-D zoom, and were Asda dev and scanned.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agfa film never lets you down, nice photos.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Agfa film never lets you down, nice photos.

Hi Orio
There is confusion over this film for £1 http://www1.lupus-imaging-media.com/en/agfaphoto-film/agfaphoto-vista-color-negativ-135-film-21-22-detail.html as on the box and cassette it says "made in Japan" ......and you can trawl the net for an answer and everyone is guessing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd imagine fuji could put whatever edge coding they like on their films according to where they'll market it rather than what it actually is and only they will know.
Whatever it is it's excellent for a pound and has encouraged me to set up c41 in the darkroom. I still have a couple of dozen rolls in a drawer but it will run out so I hope they get some more '36s'.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpres wrote:
I'd imagine fuji could put whatever edge coding they like on their films according to where they'll market it rather than what it actually is and only they will know.
Whatever it is it's excellent for a pound and has encouraged me to set up c41 in the darkroom. I still have a couple of dozen rolls in a drawer but it will run out so I hope they get some more '36s'.

Indeed Fuji can change the edge coding e.g. with supermarket films you can find who made them by:-

http://www.imageaircraft.com.au/DXsim/

h'mm Kaspersky seems to be blocking Java now and I've said "ignore" but still wont work properly, I've used it before and never had a virus or whatever. Sad

Anyway:- https://www.flickr.com/groups/ishootfilm/discuss/72157634429783414/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, who cares, it's made by Fuji, it's very good, what else do you need to know? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Honestly, who cares, it's made by Fuji, it's very good, what else do you need to know? Rolling Eyes

My curiosity to be solved Wink
Is Fuji CN-16 chemicals absolutely the same as Kodak C41..if you put Kodak chemicals in a Fuji dev machine would you get the exact same result..shall I go on etc etc etc Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Is Fuji CN-16 chemicals absolutely the same as Kodak C41..if you put Kodak chemicals in a Fuji dev machine would you get the exact same result..shall I go on etc etc etc Wink

You need to get out more.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

It is 100% compatible. All minilabs are designed to use C41. Fuji's chemistry is subtly different presumably to avoid any patent problems.

Fuji's chemicals are designed for all minilab machines. There is a special formulation for low throughput labs but all are completely compatible.

It would not make commercial sense, especially these days to have a different process.

ref: fujihunt.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

It is 100% compatible. All minilabs are designed to use C41. Fuji's chemistry is subtly different presumably to avoid any patent problems.

Fuji's chemicals are designed for all minilab machines. There is a special formulation for low throughput labs but all are completely compatible.

It would not make commercial sense, especially these days to have a different process.

ref: fujihunt.com

Indeed many kits past a present are compatible with C41, but in the past used to use Kodak pro and normal MF film and of course started with Kodak chemicals for dev and printing, but they were so expensive and inconvenient for the home user, I switched to Johnson\Paterson (and later the take over by Jessops)...and the results lost something, hard to explain unless you put the prints along side one another...BTW I was using Fuji printing paper.
So what does it all prove ? Kodak chemicals with Kodak film and paper OR Fuji chemicals and Fuji film and paper gives best results? Are there something in Kodak or Fuji or any other kits, chemicals that can give better results sorta like for B\W chemicals? Well I don't know and sure not many other people are interested now with the digital revolution...so that's that. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

I care about not paying for the Agfa name (never liked their color negatives anyway).
I mean Vista is the most expensive film of the cheap films. So if it is the same as C200 I prefer to buy 2 or 3 rolls of it under some other brand name than to throw the same money out for one roll packed in fancy Vista red box.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eugen Mezei wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

I care about not paying for the Agfa name (never liked their color negatives anyway).
I mean Vista is the most expensive film of the cheap films. So if it is the same as C200 I prefer to buy 2 or 3 rolls of it under some other brand name than to throw the same money out for one roll packed in fancy Vista red box.

You can buy 2 or 3 rolls of another colour negative film, as good as Vista for a pound?
Please let us know which film and from where?

Vista is available in good quantities now but only on 24's. That suits me because i use it to test old cameras, but the odd 36 would be nice too.

I have read elsewhere on this forum that there is a 400 variety but I have yet to find one.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Eugen Mezei wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

You can buy 2 or 3 rolls of another colour negative film, as good as Vista for a pound?

Vista is available in good quantities now but only on 24's. That suits me because i use it to test old cameras, but the odd 36 would be nice too.

I have read elsewhere on this forum that there is a 400 variety but I have yet to find one.

The 400 ISO seems to be a one off at Poundland as no one seems to know what Poundland has a new supply.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I updated my computer lately I had to copy all my "from film" cds. On a lot of them I hadn't recorded what the film was so had to look at the edge codes to find out. The Vista 200, while not saying "Fuji", has colour stripes running along the edges like all the other Fuji colour negs films I have used. Fuji branded films I have used include the word "Fuji" on the edge codes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:

Perhaps not even another but exactly the same film. (That was the question.)
DM seems to be exactly the same film and cost half or a third (depdending where you buy) of Vista. They even lie one next to the other in the DM stores.

IF
DM Paradies 200 = Agfa Vista 200 = Fuji C200,
than you get the same product cheapest in the DM disguise.
I am convinced this 3 brands are the same film.
The same goes for HR200 from the drugstore chain Rossmann and I hear about Victor film sold in England and parts of Germany, I doubt Fuji does a separate line of film for every box design drugstores put on the shelves.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive bought vistas 200 and even on one occasion superb 400iso in local poundland stores , but for the past 3 weeks no film to be found around here (merseyside) its a real shame as I loved this film. If spotted anywhere , please update.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitalriver wrote:
Ive bought vistas 200 and even on one occasion superb 400iso in local poundland stores , but for the past 3 weeks no film to be found around here (merseyside) its a real shame as I loved this film. If spotted anywhere , please update.

Well by now the "make a quick buck" types would have bought up existing stocks of 400 ISO and now sell it on the bay for a nice profit...mind you it's best to check expiry date as it could be some old Asta Vista 400 and I wouldn't know if it was made by Fuji.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitalriver wrote:

There's plenty in Poundland in Belfast atm albeit in 24 exp cassettes instead of the 36 exp ones they stocked during the summer.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Digitalriver wrote:

There's plenty in Poundland in Belfast atm albeit in 24 exp cassettes instead of the 36 exp ones they stocked during the summer.

Well lucky you......on another forum members are scouring England for a tip off on where to buy it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vista 400 I bought was certainly a fresh one, and I think its got better color rendition than 200, to me anyway. Last time I saw a 36exp film in poundland was in 2013 . I will keep looking and will update .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't/wasn't DM Paradies Kodak? Mebbe Fuji now but used tae say "Made in USA" on the box.

Vistaplus x 36 is available in Dundee atm. Exp. 08.2014.

£1 per roll - Spend £10 (on anything) and ye get a £2 voucher for yer next visit. Just bought 36 rolls for £30. That's @ 0.83p per roll... Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitalriver wrote:
vista 400 I bought was certainly a fresh one, and I think its got better color rendition than 200, to me anyway. Last time I saw a 36exp film in poundland was in 2013 . I will keep looking and will update .

I came across some 200-36 in Poundland at Exeter town centre (old civic hall shopping centre) a few months ago, mixed in with some 24s. Recently I've found several £lands don't have any in stock of any type. Personally I prefer the 24s, as 36s are harder load in my dev tank. I've found the 200 to be good, but haven't tried the 400 yet.