Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adapter availability for different camera systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:57 am    Post subject: Adapter availability for different camera systems Reply with quote

Let's try to collect here all available adapters what we have or available on second hand market for different camera systems.
This posts maintained by MO

Attila

Canon -> Canon FD
M42 -either original Canon P (only 2nd hand) or third party (stìll available)
Nikon F -either original Canon N (only 2nd hand) or third party (stìll available)
Exacta -original Canon E (only 2nd hand)
M39/Leica -original Canon A (only 2nd hand)
Tamron
Vivitar/Soligor/Sigma TX/TX4/YS
T
T2

Canon -> Canon RF
Canon FD -original Canon B (only 2nd hand)

Canon -> Canon EF
M42
Olympus OM
Rollei QBM
Pentacon Six,Kiev 60
Nikon
Yashica/Contax
Tamron
Exakta

Konica->Konica F
M42
Exakta
T
Tamron

Konica->Konica AR
Konica F
Nikon
M42
T
Tamron
Exakta ?!

M39-Leica screw
Exakta
Nikon (no infinity)
Canon FD (although the lack of rangefinder coupling may be a problem)
Voigtländer Prominent (Chinese brand Kipon,including focusing helicoid)
Contax RF (Chinese brand Kipon )

M42-Pentax screw
Pentacon Six,Kiev 60
Deckel (both Retina and Voigtlander with Alex adapter)
Tamron
Mamiya XTL (Infinity focus)
Pentax 6X7
Asahiflex M37(Original and recreated by Alex-no infinity)

Minolta MD
M42
Exakta
T
T2 (no infinity)
Tamron

Nikon
M42 infinity with additional glass only
Pentacon Six,Kiev 60,
Mamiya 645
Tamron
Leica-R with mount conversion only
Exakta (no infinity,genuine Nikon )

Olympus ->OM
M42 infinity with additional glass only AFAIK
Tamron
Canon EF

Olympus -> 4/3
M39 (SLR)
T
M42
Olympus OM
Minolta MD
Exakta
Nikon
Pentacon Six,Kiev 60
Leica-R
Tamron
Yashica/Contax
Rollei QBM (Chinese brand Kipon )
Contax G

Is Rollei exists ?

Olympus ->Pen m4/3 (Panasonic G-1)
C-mount
Canon FD
Canon EF
Contax G
M39
M42
Leica-M
Leica-R
Praktica B
Konica
Olympus 4/3
Oympus OM
Minolta MD
Exakta
Nikon
Pentax 35mm
Rollei QBM

Pentax 35mm
M42
Pentacon Six,Kiev 60
Leica-R with mount conversion only.
Tamron
T
T2
M37 (infinity focus retained)
Pentax 6x7 (infinity retained)
Pentax 645(infinity retained)
Hasselblad(infinity retained)

Canon eos
Pentagon 6
Pentax k (some restrictions)

Praktina
M42 "Praco" adapter made by novoflex no infinity

Last edited by mo on Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:58 am; edited 6 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks MO-Fo for your help, first we will try to collect here all information what we have.Please update summary thread after each posts!
Finally we will figure out one nice layout what Patrick did suggest above.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think ... adding the registration distance will also be very interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps we could start individual threads for each camera system ... and then merge these together.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
i think ... adding the registration distance will also be very interesting.

yes, indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
perhaps we could start individual threads for each camera system ... and then merge these together.

Just fine to put all information here and merge them into one post immediately.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was working on this idea for sometime now. This is what I had done.

We can update something like this once we have new information.

I can email this excel file to anyone interested.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympus OM lens to Canon EF camera

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiladitya wrote:

Smile I was working on something similar when I realized Attila wants a list of adapters that are for sale, not all possibilities.

btw, see what spreadsheet looks like after sorting rows and columns by register.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

siriusdogstar wrote:
Smile I was working on something similar when I realized Attila wants a list of adapters that are for sale, not all possibilities.

btw, see what spreadsheet looks like after sorting rows and columns by register.

These are not just possibilities but are actually available for sale. Some are extremely rare and not to mention expensive (mostly the film to film adapters) They surface in the bay from time to time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiladitya wrote:
siriusdogstar wrote:

These are not just possibilities but are actually available for sale. Some are extremely rare and not to mention expensive (mostly the film to film adapters) They surface in the bay from time to time.

First, I'd like to state that I find your spreadsheet very helpful and informative.

Also I think that one might find nowadays that many of the adapters that were quite rare years ago are no longer so now. For example, recently I purchased on eBay an adapter that allows the use of Nikon lenses on Canon FD cameras. It works perfectly, although of couse the lens must be used in the Canon camera's "stop-down" mode. Years ago this was an exceedingly rare adapter. Canon made not many and only for a short time, and to my knowledge Canon was the only manufacturer who made this adapter. Thus, whenever one of these rare adapters appeared on the used market, it usually sold for a high price.

I also own a Canon made Pentax screw (M42) adapter that I've kept for over twenty years, figuring that it was quite valuable and thus an investment of sorts. Heh. Maybe ten or twenty years ago it was. But now, a person can buy one on eBay for about $10 -- although it isn't made by Canon.

I haven't made any sort of comprehensive inventory as to what sort of film-to-film adapters are available now, but I'll wager that if one checks, one will find that there is a better variety now than there was even just a few years ago. To me, this is good news.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael

Much of this "new" adapter story is being driven by the likes of the members of this forum - people who realize what terrific values there are out there in this old glass. It is unfortunate that some mounts (Miranda for example) are just not worth adapting (low demand). For example. I did not include a reversible "swap" of the old topcor mount for a M42 alternative - not technically an adapter. Many of the adapters I have listed from my own collection are really dedicated to the conversion and use of enlarging lenses - a recent enthusiasm of mine.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for throwing me in the deep end Laughing Laughing I think I get what you want me to do!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiladitya wrote:

Excellent please send me this sheet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

A splendid idea - thank you!

A few additional nominations (lens first, camera second). I have personal experience with the first four only. All are glassless. (If these have already been listed, my apologies.)

M42 -> Mamiya XTL (this one is buried somewhere in my basement; I know infinity focus is retained, but I can't recall whether auto-diaphragm actuation is retained)
Asahiflex (M37) -> M42 (original by Pentax, kindly recreated by Alex; no infinity focus)
Asahiflex (M37) -> Pentax K (courtesy of Alex {thank you!}, infinity focus retained)
Pentax 6x7 -> M42 (infinity retained)
Pentax 6x7 -> Pentax K (infinity retained)
Pentax 645 -> Pentax K (infinity retained)
Hasselblad -> Pentax K (infinity retained)

I don't recall a Pentax 645->M42 adapter - a Pentax-made one, at least - but I may be misremembering.

There was also an "official" Pentax-made adapter that allowed the use of LTM lenses on M42 bodies - for close-up use only, of course. And - my memory may be playing tricks again - I seem to remember an official Pentax adapter that allowed use of M42 lenses on LTM bodies.

There were, I recall, adapters to put lenses of several other systems on Alpa bodies, preserving, in at least some instances, auto-diaphragm operation. I suppose the short Alpa register made it possible - in theory - to mount just about any other SLR-system lens.

And as others have mentioned, there is also the possibility of using RE-Topcor lenses on M42 bodies (or further adapting them for other applications), with a mount conversion. I'm currently awaiting delivery of a batch of those conversion mounts (and a better screwdriver!), as a matter of fact.

We might want to make room for some of the lesser-known interchangeable-mount systems: Komura, Lentar Automount, and probably dozens of others that aren't coming to mind at the moment.

Cheers,

Jon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jon!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Pentax K can go on Canon EOS with some restrictions:

Crop body's can use any lens "as is" as long as the adapter is the type that rotates the lens 90 degrees so that the aperture coupling and shield don't foul the inside of the mount.

Full frame bodies can use any lens but the lens must be irreversibly modified to remove the aperture pin and shield.

Pentacon 6 can be used on EOS with an adapter unrestricted as far as I know.

Also you can use some konica AR mount lenses on 4/3 mount cameras by directly inserting the lens into the mount without an adapter, I don't know if it is possible for all lenses but it worked with my Hexanon 50mm F/1.7, I had to remove the shield from the back of the lens but it was reversible.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoFo

Thanks

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great idea, thanks fro the work!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few additions of adapters I happen to have:

- Canon made a Canon FD to M39 adapter (so you could use FD 55/1.2 asph on your M9 - although the lack of rangefinder coupling may be a problem)

The Chinese brand Kipon makes a number of remarkable adapters such as the

- Voigtländer Prominent to M39 (including focussing helicoid)
- Contax RF to M39

-Rollei QBM to micro4/3

Maybe you can also include Contax G, as there are now Contax G to micro4/3 adapters.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no experience with Contax/Yashica, and forum & Google search provides contradictive replies to the following question:

Can M42 lenses be mounted on Contax/Yashica, using an adapter? Can infinity focus be achieved with this combo using a mechanical adapter or does infinity focus require an adapter with correcting optics?

Vilhelm

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
I have no experience with Contax/Yashica, and forum & Google search provides contradictive replies to the following question:

Can M42 lenses be mounted on Contax/Yashica, using an adapter? Can infinity focus be achieved with this combo using a mechanical adapter or does infinity focus require an adapter with correcting optics?

Vilhelm

Last week I got one (cheap, 10 €) M42 to C/Y mount. No glass. Seems that it will work. End of this week i will make some test shoots with M42 lenses and Contax RTS III. Looking through the view finder it looks ok.

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody! does anybony know if any adapters for canon FL lens on 4/3 exist? or to any other system?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome !

No. Register distance is too short, you need to have a mirror less camera, m4/3 or Sony-NEx, Samsung NX etc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_FL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is worth keeping this post alive, so here we go.

I Recently purchased an M42-EOS adapter from the link below. It is chipped and does work perfectly on my Canon 450D with a Carl Zeiss 50/2.8 lens.

One thing I have noticed that when focusing wide open and down to F8, the light will flash and the beep will sound confirming focus. However, if you want to go beyond f8, it is best to focus wide, wait for the focus confirmation and the move the aperture to your desired setting.

I have compared the confirm function with manual focus using live view and have to say that they are identical.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4712.m570.l1313&_nkw=NEW+UNIQUE+AF+Version+M42+Lens+Adapter+Canon+EOS+D%2FSLR&_sacat=See-All-Categories