Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adapter availability for different camera systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Adapter availability for different camera systems Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180706459579#ht_1064wt_1141

Minutes ago I just released the first production run of the FL 55 1.2 to EF conversion kit I've developed here in Canada. Not sure if this is the right place on the forum to put this link. -Ed Mika

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting, Ed. Makes me wish I had two FL 55/1.2s. I still use mine regularly with my FD cameras.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Very interesting, Ed. Makes me wish I had two FL 55/1.2s. I still use mine regularly with my FD cameras.

The lens mount changeover is so fast that you could functionally use the lens on both your film and digital systems by swapping mounts back and fourth. It literally takes less than 2 minutes to swap. See video below of the lens mount changeover to EF. For swap back to FL just do the same in reverse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDhG0CWAJY0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ed, any chance for a cheaper adaptor without focus confirmation?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kram wrote:
Hey Ed, any chance for a cheaper adaptor without focus confirmation?

I wasn't planning on selling them bare because 1. the most important role the chip has is to allow proper metering, without it the camera can't seem to get even close to the proper exposure pretty much forcing shooting in Manual only. 2. Other chips will not fit properly, the small ridge I've machined into the part to align the Dandelion V4 chip will not properly align other chips like the optix v5. 3. Focus confirm is more handy than one would maybe think on the shallow depth of field of a 1.2 lens without Camera focus split screen in the camera (though live view is a good alternative).

I want to place my products at the top of build quality and function game so I'm not too keen to send too much out there that is dumbed down (like the small discounted run of Gen5 inadvertantly non-universal adapters I had to live with selling for a bit to recover some production costs for those in the know).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool video, Ed. That got my attention.

Of course, if this catches on, it's gonna send the price of 55/1.2s through the roof. Cool

You got me curious about my other, and most favorite, f/1.2 Canon lens, though. My FD 85/1.2 SSC Aspherical. How difficult would it be to modify an FL 55/1.2 adapter so that it could work on the 85? I suppose I should pull out both lenses and measure rear element diameters and answer my own question, but I'm thinking you might have already thought of this anyway. Of course there's also the FD 55/1.2, 55/1.2 SSC, and 55/1.2 SSC Asph as well. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Cool video, Ed. That got my attention.

Of course, if this catches on, it's gonna send the price of 55/1.2s through the roof. Cool

You got me curious about my other, and most favorite, f/1.2 Canon lens, though. My FD 85/1.2 SSC Aspherical. How difficult would it be to modify an FL 55/1.2 adapter so that it could work on the 85? I suppose I should pull out both lenses and measure rear element diameters and answer my own question, but I'm thinking you might have already thought of this anyway. Of course there's also the FD 55/1.2, 55/1.2 SSC, and 55/1.2 SSC Asph as well. Smile

The nFD bayonet mounts like the 85 1.2 are going to be really hard to make reversible EF mount kits for but the FD breechlocks like your 85 1.2 SSC may be easier but still harder than FL. If these 55 1.2 kits sell ok I'll solicit more feedback from people on what other lenses they would like to see converter kits made for and I expect the 85 will be high on the list.

ETA, I just checked out your blog and realized that I have actually read it periodically quite a few times, cool. Small world.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed, thanks. All good reasons. FWIW, I only shoot in manual mode. I've been doing it for thirty years professionally and it simply works.
Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: m42 af confirm to OM to MMF2? Reply with quote

perhaps this is the right place

Post subject: m42 af confirm to OM to MMF2?

I imagine, would this be if the sigma lens with M42 lens mount fitted with M42 lens adapter to Olympus om (af confirm) and then mounted on the Olympus mmf2 for the ep-l1?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Other manufacturer FD lens adapters? Reply with quote

Are the Canon manufactured FD lens mounts similar to some of the 3rd party mounts such as Kiron. I have some Kiron and Vivitar/Kiron prime lenses that I hope some day can be modified to mount on my 5D classic and 1Ds mark ii.
Are the disassembled mounts from any 3rd party FD manufacturers like Kiron or Komine close enough in design to Canon lens so that FD to EOS adapters like edmika's can be used, eventually?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Do anyone know the brand of Nikon G, F(Ai/Ais) to Sony NEX body that has good quality.
I saw on ebay, Kiwi's Brand, is it good quality?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't buy Nikon but Big-is was recommended to me and they do have a rapid delivery compared to the others..approximately 2 weeks from order to arrival which is very good seeing as other sellers have taken a minimum 30+ days and some have not arrived at all.
The quality of 2 of the 3 was good, the third (LeicaM-Nex) was a little loose so we'll see about that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tables at the start of this thread are now getting a bit out of date Smile

A couple of bits of information to add from my recent trials
There is an adapter to use Minolta alpha/Sony A lenses on micro 4/3.
These lenses can also be used to freelens on EF mount cameras. The A mount bayonet fits within the EOS one and only a very small gap is left - I managed to get my 10mm f2.8 to focus on an EF focal reducer. Keeping the lens centred well enough to prevent vignetting was actually more difficult than getting acceptable focus.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:35 am    Post subject: C/Y on FD and EOS Reply with quote

C/Y-FD also available now. nothing told about infinity.
K+F Concept C/F-Concept goes beyond infinity. Dont know if therE is shim to correct that. UPDATE: Found a red tape probably used in the lab. could shim to get infinity. tests must be done.
Only know i have some Zeiss which are not properly calibrated-means they need this PAST infinity function.
Worst is Sigma 28/1.8 Aspherical High Speed Wide.
This brand is the best adapter for C/Y(Zeiss, Yashica etc.) bside the very expensive ones which i dont know.
Everything is perfect in this adapter. Whereas the optixpcb high precision is so wobbly even signal is lost. Have a seperate detailed thread explaining/comparing adapters (C/Y-EOS).
UPDATE TO THE FOLLOWING thread:
I have the Jupiter 8 50/2.0 M39 for zorki. since register is smaller than nikon F-mount any adapter will add-up extension: It can o9nly be used for closeup-distances. I have M39-M42 and M42-FE-adapters. will tell you soon how it can be used.

Last edited by europanorama on Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jupiter 8 (50mm) lens to Nikon D3300? Any adaptor/Mount? Tips?