Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adapter availability for different camera systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Adapter availability for different camera systems Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180706459579#ht_1064wt_1141

Minutes ago I just released the first production run of the FL 55 1.2 to EF conversion kit I've developed here in Canada. Not sure if this is the right place on the forum to put this link. -Ed Mika

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting, Ed. Makes me wish I had two FL 55/1.2s. I still use mine regularly with my FD cameras.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Very interesting, Ed. Makes me wish I had two FL 55/1.2s. I still use mine regularly with my FD cameras.

The lens mount changeover is so fast that you could functionally use the lens on both your film and digital systems by swapping mounts back and fourth. It literally takes less than 2 minutes to swap. See video below of the lens mount changeover to EF. For swap back to FL just do the same in reverse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDhG0CWAJY0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ed, any chance for a cheaper adaptor without focus confirmation?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kram wrote:
Hey Ed, any chance for a cheaper adaptor without focus confirmation?

I wasn't planning on selling them bare because 1. the most important role the chip has is to allow proper metering, without it the camera can't seem to get even close to the proper exposure pretty much forcing shooting in Manual only. 2. Other chips will not fit properly, the small ridge I've machined into the part to align the Dandelion V4 chip will not properly align other chips like the optix v5. 3. Focus confirm is more handy than one would maybe think on the shallow depth of field of a 1.2 lens without Camera focus split screen in the camera (though live view is a good alternative).

I want to place my products at the top of build quality and function game so I'm not too keen to send too much out there that is dumbed down (like the small discounted run of Gen5 inadvertantly non-universal adapters I had to live with selling for a bit to recover some production costs for those in the know).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool video, Ed. That got my attention.

Of course, if this catches on, it's gonna send the price of 55/1.2s through the roof. Cool

You got me curious about my other, and most favorite, f/1.2 Canon lens, though. My FD 85/1.2 SSC Aspherical. How difficult would it be to modify an FL 55/1.2 adapter so that it could work on the 85? I suppose I should pull out both lenses and measure rear element diameters and answer my own question, but I'm thinking you might have already thought of this anyway. Of course there's also the FD 55/1.2, 55/1.2 SSC, and 55/1.2 SSC Asph as well. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Cool video, Ed. That got my attention.

Of course, if this catches on, it's gonna send the price of 55/1.2s through the roof. Cool

You got me curious about my other, and most favorite, f/1.2 Canon lens, though. My FD 85/1.2 SSC Aspherical. How difficult would it be to modify an FL 55/1.2 adapter so that it could work on the 85? I suppose I should pull out both lenses and measure rear element diameters and answer my own question, but I'm thinking you might have already thought of this anyway. Of course there's also the FD 55/1.2, 55/1.2 SSC, and 55/1.2 SSC Asph as well. Smile

The nFD bayonet mounts like the 85 1.2 are going to be really hard to make reversible EF mount kits for but the FD breechlocks like your 85 1.2 SSC may be easier but still harder than FL. If these 55 1.2 kits sell ok I'll solicit more feedback from people on what other lenses they would like to see converter kits made for and I expect the 85 will be high on the list.

ETA, I just checked out your blog and realized that I have actually read it periodically quite a few times, cool. Small world.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed, thanks. All good reasons. FWIW, I only shoot in manual mode. I've been doing it for thirty years professionally and it simply works.
Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: m42 af confirm to OM to MMF2? Reply with quote

perhaps this is the right place

Post subject: m42 af confirm to OM to MMF2?

I imagine, would this be if the sigma lens with M42 lens mount fitted with M42 lens adapter to Olympus om (af confirm) and then mounted on the Olympus mmf2 for the ep-l1?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Other manufacturer FD lens adapters? Reply with quote

Are the Canon manufactured FD lens mounts similar to some of the 3rd party mounts such as Kiron. I have some Kiron and Vivitar/Kiron prime lenses that I hope some day can be modified to mount on my 5D classic and 1Ds mark ii.
Are the disassembled mounts from any 3rd party FD manufacturers like Kiron or Komine close enough in design to Canon lens so that FD to EOS adapters like edmika's can be used, eventually?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Do anyone know the brand of Nikon G, F(Ai/Ais) to Sony NEX body that has good quality.
I saw on ebay, Kiwi's Brand, is it good quality?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't buy Nikon but Big-is was recommended to me and they do have a rapid delivery compared to the others..approximately 2 weeks from order to arrival which is very good seeing as other sellers have taken a minimum 30+ days and some have not arrived at all.
The quality of 2 of the 3 was good, the third (LeicaM-Nex) was a little loose so we'll see about that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tables at the start of this thread are now getting a bit out of date Smile

A couple of bits of information to add from my recent trials
There is an adapter to use Minolta alpha/Sony A lenses on micro 4/3.
These lenses can also be used to freelens on EF mount cameras. The A mount bayonet fits within the EOS one and only a very small gap is left - I managed to get my 10mm f2.8 to focus on an EF focal reducer. Keeping the lens centred well enough to prevent vignetting was actually more difficult than getting acceptable focus.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:35 am    Post subject: C/Y on FD and EOS-Correction about K+F and beyond infinity Reply with quote

C/Y-FD also available now. nothing told about infinity.seller telling infinity reached. nontested
K+F Concept C/Y-EOS DOES NOT GO BEYOND INFINITY(CORRECTION SEE BELOW WHY)

Worst is Sigma 28/1.8 Aspherical High Speed Wide. WRONG SEE BELOW
This brand is the best adapter for C/Y(Zeiss, Yashica etc.) Rayqual nontested is similar

Everything is perfect in this adapter. Whereas the optixpcb high precision(a joke-no more existant) is so wobbly even signal is lost. Have a seperate detailed thread explaining/comparing adapters (C/Y-EOS).

Why my old 2016 statements about K+F concept C/Y-EOS going beyond infinity and Sigma 28/1.8 aspherical Highspeed Wide only reaching 30m are WRONG:
2017 automn i found out vertiacal and horizontal lines interrupted by V(switching back and forth to the sides) seen on tv accidentally when only viewieng with one the right eye. I have got a hole in foramen-location of sharpest viewing. when there nothing will be worsened. hurrying surgery nonnecessary doctor expert said. it will remain.we made first of 3 different options one after the other. i only tried first one which failed., one must have a donut like pillow to look down as long as possible during next two days. i have got also new lens(grey-star replacement) now reading without glasses and no focus-gap anymore. doctors dont know the reason of this hole. others nonphotographers have the same.
other a but younger photographer here: the same. he was photosalesman, teacher, photoshop used. gfx -user not 3dscanning. in my opinion for me its excessive screen looking and looking through camera over decades. and tv-junkie. and not changing to digital screens, and not having the right computer glasses for years. mine had been stolen 4 years before. on the other hand i am healthy.
--------------------
in other thread i mention the same K+F concept adapters not reaching infinity perfectly. both C/Y and P67 versions.
at least for P67 they could have made it shorter. see my other thread about that.

Last edited by europanorama on Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:00 am; edited 5 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jupiter 8 (50mm) lens to Nikon D3300? Any adaptor/Mount? Tips?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject: micro 4/3 and Nikon Z Reply with quote

Micro4\3 to Nikon Z (and to Leitz L mount) The image circle will be too small, but the distances flange - sensor as well as the diameter required would permit an adapter o be made. Same for ordinary4/3 mounts.

As for ALPA, they did provide adapters with aperture closing mechanisms as well as simple adapters withouth moving parts, Nikon and M42 springs to mind. The even had an early period where they provided Takumar lenses with auto adapters plus their own peculiar snap-on filter adapters.And a late period before giving up when they provided cheaper japanese optics with adapters before succumbing to the rebranding business.

p

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OM to Nikon F is possible. I did it with a home mount converter. Leitax makes a mount converter for most OM lenses

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:06 am    Post subject: surgery Reply with quote

yes, dismounting the original mount and replacing with another is possible, but that is surgery, not just an adapter, so the table should have separate fields for this.

Also, wide angles require greater precision than longer focal lengths so for instance the diffenece between Kmount-to- sensor distance is less noticeable on a 200mm with c7y mount than with an 18mm-

The very short nikon z mounts and the leica\panasonic L mounts will only encounter the precision challenges, no need for lens surgery.

p.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject: C/Y to FD also getting infinity Reply with quote

Shiladitya wrote:
I was working on this idea for sometime now. This is what I had done.

We can update something like this once we have new information.

I can email this excel file to anyone interested.

Have seen an infinity adapter C/Y-EOS.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novoflex Universal P67-mount-system. Kipon already has copied it like with Mirex.
there are cheaper alternatives. Currently testing K+F comfort. not advised. wobbly on EOS and i am testing distance-accuracy of Nikon-version. i suspect its too long nonreaching infinity. only have eos-dsrl(aps-c).
C/Y-XPAN also existed but have never seen it again except at photokina. pity i didnt buy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: C/Y to FD also getting infinity Reply with quote

europanorama wrote:
Shiladitya wrote:

I would be careful with the register distances shown. It is not made clear whether they are the distance from the mount flange to:

- the film plane (emulsion)
- the film guides
- the pressure plate

The distance shown for the MD (Minolta SR) mount is that to the pressure plate, not the film guides or emulsion.

The difference in the distance to the film guides vs. pressure plate is usually in the order of 0.2mm to allow for an approx. 0.14mm film base thickness with approx. 0.06mm slack.

This matters at wide apertures, esp. when you shoot at f/1.4 or f/1.2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:38 am    Post subject: register-differences Reply with quote

i will open the problem with register-differences in a new thread when i have clear results.
i talked to novoflex their universal adapter goes a bit beyond infinity . and zeiss-longer talk.
pressure plate is at same level like emulsion. when eighter is measured i will prove it.
zeiss told when switching adapters here K+F compact P67-eos and nikon. distance scale must show the same which is not the case here. but it could move more to infinity when lens is not adjusted perfectly. i dont see a difference between P67 200/4 67 and Zeiss Sonnar 200/3.5 C/Y at 7.7km. even 2.7km is not infinity. i will further investigate using more lenses. cannot directly prove nikon-adapter since no digital nikon around. but can test indirectly wiht Ni-eos-adapter. i tested near distances nearest and mid. laser-meter used and groundglass-checked too. multiple cams used.
one can say. distance-scale only really true fully open. since there is focus-shift(core distance-sharpest distance)when stopped down. maybe i can better prove when using 400mm. if its true what i found out. 15m is rather at larger distance with nikon- Adapter then lenses are not reaching infinity perfectly. maybe one cannot see it since its in DOF-range. 400mm could prove accuracy. i have eos-(c/y-eos adapter used since no direct eos-adapter) and nikon-adapters for novoflex noflexar 400/5.6 very sharp triplit covering 6x6 and i have a MF solution. later could adapt to a pentax 67 with vacuum back. or my special bessa I only have no shutter there. could extend helicoid or tubes to match 49mm register easily. its novoflex-pre system B-tubesystem design ala photosniper. new adapter needed for newest noflexar. or tape....
NB: Nikon-EOS Pixco same for C/Y-Nikon macro only or closefocussing. no fear for lenses.
C/Y -EOS K+F comfort
have four DSLRexchange mirrorclearing adapters for FF eos with C/Y. not for sale. must get screws. only adapter with screws.
beside the coming/existing P67-M68 aka Pentacon Six and Kiev 60-adapters.M68 with different pitch and heights.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:36 am    Post subject: C/Y-EOS Reply with quote

C/Y-EOS
pls send me the sheet.

Last edited by europanorama on Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:48 am    Post subject: Leitax OM-EF very simple. baffle is staying. Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Olympus OM lens to Canon EF camera

Leitax OM-EF very simple. baffle is staying.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: C/Y to FD also getting infinity Reply with quote

RokkorDoctor wrote:
europanorama wrote:
Shiladitya wrote:

I would be careful with the register distances shown. It is not made clear whether they are the distance from the mount flange to:

- the film plane (emulsion)
- the film guides
- the pressure plate

The distance shown for the MD (Minolta SR) mount is that to the pressure plate, not the film guides or emulsion.

The difference in the distance to the film guides vs. pressure plate is usually in the order of 0.2mm to allow for an approx. 0.14mm film base thickness with approx. 0.06mm slack.

This matters at wide apertures, esp. when you shoot at f/1.4 or f/1.2

this probably the problem i have in kiev 60 when comparing screen-focus with Groundglass-focussing. i see a difference. here it may be also due to plastic screens by brightscreen. both are brightscreens. and touching surface with loupe. have now glass version as groundglass. rick oleson told thick doesnt matter here.
i can tell exactly how much difference is since i have made a variable register adapter out of P6-adapter(cam-part with M68 thread(two versions around with different pitches) and Rafcamera P67-P6 and Kiev 60-adapters.one can calculate extension(focus-difference-register-difference from adapter-rotation. 360= pitch-size. here M68 x 1mm(P6) or M68 x 0.75mm(Kiev 60 series). original ring removed. see also my thread in pentaxforums.com.
will do more tests in coming weeks starting april. also infinity tested. see also the same forum.