Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A walk with the Orion-15 f6 28mm RF lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: A walk with the Orion-15 f6 28mm RF lens Reply with quote

...mounted on my Lumix GH1.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus, somehow I have the idea it does very, very well! At least in your hands! Very Happy

But I must indeed admit that the optical performance seems to be great. The only drawback of the Topogon design is apparently the small f/stop.

(I think I have seller's remorse Crying or Very sad)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous shots, lovely colour and nice sharpness and detail. I think that the one of the bench on the pathway is my favourite.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice set and park to walk around. Lots of diverse things to shoot.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Klaus, somehow I have the idea it does very, very well! At least in your hands! Very Happy

But I must indeed admit that the optical performance seems to be great. The only drawback of the Topogon design is apparently the small f/stop.

(I think I have seller's remorse Crying or Very sad)

Oh well, we've seen that already when Orio showed his results using Carsten's lens. And I know from my friend Marco Cavina that this lens is a fine one. It is a slow lens with a starting f6 and I thing f8-f11 is the best aperture to work with. Downside is, that the DOF is very large which makes it hard to separate anything from the BG. Good thing is that using hyperfocal distance allows shooting w/o focusing. For me my main interest is since it is a Topogon clone and I like those simple lens designs a lot. That shows in the shots having the sun in the frame which this lens handles very well. It can't beat the Canon f3.4 / 25mm but it makes a very good competitor. Another benefit is its light weight and small size.

Thanks all for the kind words!

(No reason for sellers remorse; I have that when I think about my MINT 80mm Pancolar - but it is in good hands Wink )

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
... Orio showed his results using Carsten's lens.

It's Orio's lens. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive performance! Lovely colors, excellent sharpness!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Attila: thanks my friend! I added the shot of the white cat just for you - she's a real diva, but was willing to pose for a few seconds Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
@Attila: thanks my friend! I added the shot of the white cat just for you - she's a real diva, but was willing to pose for a few seconds Wink

Laughing oh yes , they loves man and pose like a diva Wink thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice set, Klaus! But I am not surprised Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice colours and sharp...the houses in the hill stand out well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you may have noticed, I tend to re-use the same objects to make it possible to (somewhat) compare lenses:

KMZ Orion-15 28mm @f8

Carl Zeiss Jena Lamegon 38mm @f8

a bit unfair, as the second one was shot on a perfectly clear day... but it shows that this Lamegon resolves up to 270lpm.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'love this lens. I'm still angry I haven't been muyst more reactive , because spotmatic proposed a really good price Razz

Klaus, give it a chance on BW film, it yields a gorgeous texture of the sky.
(I have been able to test it an afternoon)