Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A photographic challenge!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
There are a lot of nuns about.

Yes, there is a convent near the market square Smile
Nuns are great photo subjects.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Moira's request, here is a link to Tournai's little suject (Belgium) :

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1061479.html#1061479

Have a nice day.
Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I just signed up on this forum! I like the spam protection ("pick only MF lenses"). Might also be a hurdle for some.... I selected all lenses at first. Duuhh!

What I actually wan't to say, is that kuuans pics show Austria quite well! I best like the two old guys, one with a beer and cigarette and the other with his wine. Very typical and certainly not seen that way in any travel brochure.

Me personally, I'm not good at sticking my camera in peoples faces to capture the situation, but I like this topic. I hope to see some more pictures from around the globe!

Cheers, P.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo Centaur,

welcome to the forum!
good to know that there is another Austrian on board.
would be great if we met some day in Vienna.

thank you for your positive critique on my photos of Vienna. I hear you, me too have become more and more shy to 'stick up' my lens to someones face. If you check out the one you liked you see her 'saluting' me, I had asked the people if I could take the photo.

Actually I believe that I have some photos from various Asian countries showing something typical, unique the sense that it is not often shown. But because not often seen it may not be recognizable as typical by someone who doesn't know the place.

cheers,
Andreas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon D90 + Leica Summicron-R 50/2:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one way to emptiness: Germanys (small) towns today in many places Sad

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First rural Alabama shot from me:

The swimming area at Black Creek, where I live in the Warrior River basin; Ferrania 400, Hexanon 47/1.9, Konica S III:

A small shopping area in Hueytown, our clostest town, about 15 miles from Black Creek. Dairy Queen makes fantastic shakes and malts. My favorite is the large caramel malt, with something like 1,200 calories. Ferrania 400, Hexanon 47/1.9, Konica S III:

Young friends watching the river go by from a neighbor's cabin. Bessa R, Canon 50/1.8, Kodak Gold 200:

A game of chickenfoot dominoes on Tuesday morning who older people - like me. The two girls are from the local high school; they spend the morning with we old folks as Red Cross volunteers. People from several denominations gt together for Rook and dominoes; participants bring a covered dish to share at lunch. Bessa R, Canon 50/1.8, Walgreens 400 film:

Some of the crowd at a monthly flea market at a state park in the area. Bessa R, Canon 50/1.8, Fuji 200:

A couple of gents at the flea market found seats and shade. Bessa, Fuji 200:

A p&s digital shot of me from a few years back with the biggest catfish I have ever caught - a flathead weighing about 48 pounds.

A customer leaves the Community Cafe after lunch. The cafe is owned by the in-laws of my oldest son. It is less than a mile from where we live, so my bride and I eat there frequently. Bessa, Canon, XP2:

Another denizen of rural Alabama - my youngest son, Reyn, and his boxer, Bert. Reyn lives in a cabin at a fishcamp about 17 miles downstream from us. Bessa, Canon, XP2:

At a shopping center in Bessemer, a town about 18 miles from Black Creek. Bessa, J-8, XP2:

Early morning at a federal RV park on the Warrior, about 30 miles downstream from us. Light-leaky Praktica LTL 3, Vivitar 35/2.8, Walgreens 400 film:

That is enough for now. More to come in later posts ...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Photos,please keep them coming,I am waiting for better weather...too much rain here:(
Hari I like your photo it has a 60s-70s feel about it.Paul a great intro to your neck of the woods. Very Happy