Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A lens "without Fungus"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: A lens "without Fungus" Reply with quote

This is what I've bought:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/160868280604?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_635wt_1397
"without scratches, fungus...."

That's what I've got:

Nearly beautyful Wink I think I have to make some darkfield 4:1 macro shots Very Happy

Seller does only answer that he's currently in spain -.- I think he's maybe waiting until his 14 days return guarentee are over.
I don't have any address to send it back.

Did you had similar experiences?

Last edited by ForenSeil on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Maybe the seller thought it was a small tree growing inside the lens, not fungus at all. It's actually rather beautiful, but I suspect that it will negatively affect images made with the lens.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send it back to the seller

Yevgeniya Braslavska
Soldiner Str. 108
13359 Berlin
Deutschland

Hopefully you paid with paypal.

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More like a complete forest!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very beautiful fungus!

In case you can not send it back, I probably would buy it - as a pretty example for my fungus pages!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She does not take Paypal. Ive seen several of her items, she always looked suspicious to me, all her items are always in good shape, have no issues Wink

From a legal standpoint, you'd need to send her notice in 14 days since the date of purchase. From practical standpoint, I'am not sure what to do if she does not return the money. Suing her over 40 Euros seems like too much hassle. In any case open Ebay dispute. You won't get your money back unless she agrees to it, but after 4 similar claims ebay will close her account.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you paid via paypal raise a dispute case with them, it may take a few weeks but you will get a refund

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be in the Natural History Museum!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braddanman wrote:
It should be in the Natural History Museum!

+1 I think you paid little , worth to keep it Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful trees, try with a white background, could be a nice Christmas card !

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glasslover wrote:
Hi!

Maybe the seller thought it was a small tree growing inside the lens, not fungus at all. It's actually rather beautiful, but I suspect that it will negatively affect images made with the lens.

Cheers!

I thought the same Wink

Good luck.
If the seller is near Barcelona and you know his address, I could visit him Smile

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tervueren wrote:
if you paid via paypal raise a dispute case with them, it may take a few weeks but you will get a refund

Not so sure: lately eBay/Paypal request a third party expert report (that is not refundable in case of winning the dispute) because they say they are not experts and cannot tell if the lens is right or not...

Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is certainly the best looking fungus I have seen. Smile if you can afford to take the loss of money...keep it and leave Neg feedback warning others.Have you taken any sample photos with it?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy fix ---- use Ponds Cream

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Tervueren wrote:

Not so sure: lately eBay/Paypal request a third party expert report (that is not refundable in case of winning the dispute) because they say they are not experts and cannot tell if the lens is right or not...

Jes.

I had always bad experience with PayPal protection. They don't accept pics etc.. They always wanted a professional expertise which is more expensive than the lenses etc. itself, if you don't know/have a friendly local "expert" which would do it for free.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
Jesito wrote:
Tervueren wrote:

Jes.

I had always bad experience with PayPal protection. They don't accept pics etc.. They always wanted a professional expertise which is more expensive than the lenses etc. itself, if you don't know/have a friendly local "expert" which would do it for free.

On the contrary, ebay purchase protection has worked for me with 100% efficiency so far. Every time I've opened a claim the seller simply caved in and accepted my offer. I always accept a partial refund though (with amount depending on the degree of misrepresentation) and supply the pictures to the seller.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, looks beautiful!!!!

If you backlight it you will probably see all of the detail !!!!!! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that you should start a dispute resolution with ebay, then the balls in his court.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love those details on the lens, but you need to get your money back for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: A lens "without Fungus" Reply with quote

I had a Jupiter-8 like this one, even with the same type of fungus in it. The funny thing is that the fungus was not only growing on the glasses, but on the interior part of the body and had covered almost all front parts of the lens.
Even though it is beautiful to look at, a fungus of such mass is no joke. Hope you manage to get you money back.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah who cares about the lens - look at all those branches.
It's a masterpiece Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not see any fungus on that lens at all what are you talking about?
Best regards Stevie Wonder.
Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Amazing Reply with quote

Wow. And I thought the Tair 300A I bought from ebay seller was 4shamp in Lithuania was bad:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/free_kite_bishop/sets/72157628469344409/

I returned it after a prolonged wrangle, including opening a case with eBay, but still lost just under £30 as I had to pay return postage. eBay allows sellers to refuse to pay return postage even if they misdescribe items. I uploaded photos and sent the links to the seller (ebay would also be able to see the lens' condition for themselves as you have to contact the seller through the eBay reply service.) In your case, that lens is so riddled you are bound to win a case if you initiate one.

Good luck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnBar wrote:

How do you use that? Use a little or a lot? Leave it on a while or not?
Curious because I've heard of people using it before but I'm not sure how you would use it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
JohnBar wrote:

How do you use that? Use a little or a lot? Leave it on a while or not?
Curious because I've heard of people using it before but I'm not sure how you would use it.

Spread a thin (but generous) layer over the lens. Let it for some half an hour. Then carefully wash in warm water with soft soap and dry it with a soft microfiber.

Not all the fungus clean well, but in 50% of the cases you can get fantastic results.

I put an example here:

Hope this helps.

Jes.