Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A good way to finish the year 2008?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: A good way to finish the year 2008? Reply with quote

I'm going to pick this up later today for 35 euros:

Maybe it's trash (both bodies - a Praktica and a Luxon (Pentax K1000 copy) - are said to be defective, but what the heck... Maybe there are some interesting lenses. I see a few interesting examples, maybe something faster than f/1.8 or f/2.8 too.

I'm certainly interested what's on the Praktica and the fifth lens from the right in the bottom row? Both lenses are small but feature large front elements.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's a flop load of stuff! Nice one!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great experiment! Take a look at the 6th one from the right as well....looking like that could be a very fast lens as well.

Larry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. I just expect the worst, then it will always be good Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great catch. You can't go wrong at that price.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward what you get it really, don't forget to share with us!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course. I haven't checked the stuff yet, I'm still in the car driving to my brother in law where we will celebrate new year's eve. Of course, I'm not driving, my wife is Razz

At least one lens is a 55m Auto-Revuenon f/1.4 with M42 mount (Tomioka made I think). The other lenses are somewhat uninteresting, mostly 135mm's of not so well-regarded brands.

The Luxon 1000 Super is interesting; it's a Chinese licensed copy of the Pentax K1000. The lens on it is a no-name multicoated 50mm f/2 which looks exactly like the SMC Pentax-M 50mm f/2. Nice subject for a shoot-out as I also have the Pentax version.

That's it for tonight; have a nice evening and best wishes to you all for 2009!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one of the M42 lenses in the lot. Is this a Tomioka? If so then this would be my first Tomioka Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man - well done to you!

Not sure whether that lens is a Tomioka or not, but it's a very sweet lens nonetheless - and the lot for 35 yo-yos is a very nice way to start a new year!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
Oh man - well done to you!

Not sure whether that lens is a Tomioka or not, but it's a very sweet lens nonetheless - and the lot for 35 yo-yos is a very nice way to start a new year!

Thanks, with my purchases it's always a case of good or bad luck. Most of the time I don't even know what I'm buying - not because I don't know what I want, but because the sellers never describe their goods properly.

By the way, I have compared the lens to the Tomiokas in the Tomioka on Canon 5D topic on this same forum (http://forum.mflenses.com/chinon-tomioka-1-4-55-on-eos-5d-t13134.html) and the distance markings are 100% identical. So I'm pretty sure it's a Tomioka indeed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice buy!
What about the 50mm luxon noname lens? I think I have the same lens, chipped though. Shot some pictues with did not see any result of the chipping even though its dead centre of the lens. Guess I don't understand how lenses work Razz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twistoflemon wrote:
Nice buy!
What about the 50mm luxon noname lens? I think I have the same lens, chipped though. Shot some pictues with did not see any result of the chipping even though its dead centre of the lens. Guess I don't understand how lenses work Razz

This should answer it for you Mr. Green
http://www.lensrentals.com/news/2008.10.30/front-element-scratches
Daniel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty wrote:
twistoflemon wrote:
Nice buy!

This should answer it for you Mr. Green
http://www.lensrentals.com/news/2008.10.30/front-element-scratches
Daniel

Thats amazing! Shocked
I never concidered shooting with a lens in such a condition. I had no idea it would perform as well as that JUNKED lens did.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'd love to buy badly scratched lenses, especially if there's "Biotar 75mm f/1.5" on the front ring. Razz

Here's the Luxon. The same outside as the SMC Pentax-M 50mm f/2, except that it's made in China and does not have the SMC coating.

These two are shot using the Auto Revuenon 50mm f/1.4 at f/22 (I had to because the K20D does not have TTL):

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL thats amazing my damage is at the back however, mounted it as reverse macro and hit the ground Sad nevertheless I do not see any apparent effects my pictures.

Yup its exactly the same as my lens except for the chip on the rear lens element Smile I'm interested to hear your experiences with this lens ( is it any good )

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shot any pics with this 50mm yet? If so were you happy with them?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twistoflemon wrote:
Shot any pics with this 50mm yet? If so were you happy with them?

I've only shot a few quickies with it; please wait until next week for more examples.