Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A few shots with the Pentacon 2,8/29
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: A few shots with the Pentacon 2,8/29 Reply with quote

This lens has a distinct character in the way it renders colors. And also a difficult focus ring (compared to for example a Flek 35) Now that I have an AF confirm adapter focusing is a lot easier Very Happy (shots are taken before this)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples, but lens.. pretty average...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

I use one last sunday on EOS. I had one on Pmount in my Praktica
I was dispointed, i forgot the particular coloration of this lens.
moreover the copy i tried was may be not good, no sharpness, bad colors.

so i decided not to buy one.

Am I right or not ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes nice samples. Looks to have a smooth rendition which sometimes can be handy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nelson wrote:
Attila wrote:

I use one last sunday on EOS. I had one on Pmount in my Praktica
I was dispointed, i forgot the particular coloration of this lens.
moreover the copy i tried was may be not good, no sharpness, bad colors.

so i decided not to buy one.

Am I right or not ?

We have same taste Nelson , some people have different opinion, this is a such a great thing in manual lenses. We have lot of choices.I love former DDR lenses, but this one is not my choice really.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juanma,

It would be nice to compare it against my Cosinon 2.8/28mm...
I Don't like very much the strange bokeh.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens is very sharp when stopped down. OK it's no Flektogon, but it's enough for most photographic wide angle tasks as long as you have enough available light to shoot at f/8.
I have obtained very nice results with my copy stopped down.
Wide open, my copy is dreamingly flaring - unwanted in most situations, but can make the odd "different" shot sometimes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
The lens is very sharp when stopped down. OK it's no Flektogon, but it's enough for most photographic wide angle tasks as long as you have enough available light to shoot at f/8.
I have obtained very nice results with my copy stopped down.
Wide open, my copy is dreamingly flaring - unwanted in most situations, but can make the odd "different" shot sometimes.

I totally agree with you Orio. This is a lens that you have to use stopped down to get its best (and it's a 29mm, so usually they're used for landscape a bit closed), and that it's no good for many people. Everybody likes their lenses to be good wide open. Very Happy

This was my first MF lens, when I did knew nothing about them, and after that came a CZJ 3,5/135. I know that this Pentacon is not the best, neither I use it very often, but anyway it has something to me.

Jes, we have to arrange a meeting. We have a lot of things to show each other. Razz