Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A fantastic 300mm f2.8 lens going very cheap!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: A fantastic 300mm f2.8 lens going very cheap! Reply with quote

My Tamron SP 300mm f2.8 LD IF to be exact.
Times are very hard...I've nearly hit my overdaught limit and I still have major bills to pay but I am unemployed and there simply isn't enough money coming in, so with great regret it has to go. Crying or Very sad
Offers of £350 or more only please + postage.
BTW, I'm not putting it on ebay, because I cant afford to pay the commision they would want but I have put a free ad up on Dpreview.
I cant post a link to the ad here because it says its forbidden so here is the text and photos from the ad:

DaSigmaGuy wrote:
I'm unemployed and times are hard, yet I still have important bills to pay so I have had to make some very hard decisions...Sadly I'm going to have to sell my lovely Tamron SP 300mm f2.8 LD IF (60B model).
If your not familiar with the 60B model, it is the better manual focus, manual stop down version, though you wont need to be using it stopped down very often as even wide open its a sharp lens with minimal CA.
The body and its reversable hood come in a sort of drab browny/olive green colour, which helps to camoflage it when your doing wildlife photography, say of shy birds out in the wilds or even in town. (Your far more likely to get a shot of that rare bird with this, than a bright white Canon version!)

It is particularly suitable for sports and wildlife photography.
Its main advantage over its Canon and Nikon rivals though is that it has an "Adaptall mount", which means it can be used on virtually *any* SLR or DSLR, simply by buying the brand related Adaptall adapter for your particular camera mount.
Adaptall adapters are easy to find on ebay and are quite inexpensive.
I will supply mine with a universal Adaptall-M42 adapter, so you can use it via an inexpensive M42 adapter for virtually any camera.
As far as I can tell the Optics are in perfect condition, though I can see a few tiny specs of dust inside when I look through it with my eyes, and cosmetically there are a few minor signs of use here and there on the body, but neither of these will effect the optical performance of course.
A common fault with these is that over time the slip-on rubber cover on the focus dial stretches a bit...Mine has too but it doesn't effect the operation of the dial.
Mine will come with the reversable hood and the original leather case lenscap for the front of the lens, plus a rear lenscap.

The hood with lenscap:

The hood reversed (to allow more compact storage):

The hood reversed with lenscap:

The original Jacobs used-price sticker is still on the lens stating it cost £649, but I am asking just £350 (no offers lower than this please) + postage.
If your close to Heathrow Airport or willing to travel to here you are welcome to collect it to save on the postage.
The lens weighs over 2kg so economy postage will cost over £10, probably closer to £20...But I will have to confirm the final figure once its all packaged up.

P.S. If it sells quickly (within 1 week) I will throw in the large Lowepro LensCase 5S (The internal dimensions: 16cm (6 1/4") x about 28cm (11")) that I carry it in. Its in perfect condition, makes it doddle to carry the lens, is fantastic protection for it and its worth over £20 on its own.

The case with the lens inside (Its a perfect fit):

Last edited by DSG on Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like i can't access it, should i be registered?
I'd take it right now, if i could.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilguercio wrote:
Looks like i can't access it, should i be registered?
I'd take it right now, if i could.

Hi, it wouldn't let me post the link so I've added the details in my OP here.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it now, that looks like a very fine sample.
Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen this baby up for sale, should go fast!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still available?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
Can you please tell me if this lens sold, or is it still available?
Thanks
Mark