Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A couple of D-mount lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: A couple of D-mount lenses Reply with quote

I'm planning to use them on a Pentax Q (which I have not bought yet Rolling Eyes ) but at least I can show them off... And the camera that came with them.

These are:
- 13mm f/1.9 Cine Yashikor
- 13mm f/1.4 Cine Yashinon
- 38mm f/1.4 Cine Yashinon
- Sun Telephoto 1 1/2" f/1.9 (1.5 inch = 38mm)

The Yashikor is almost certainly a triplet; the others should have more elements.

I cannot wait to use them! And I'm planning to buy more D-mount lenses while they are still cheap.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAH, now the secret is out and they won't be cheap for long ... BUMMER Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Joke aside, these look like nice ones! You shoudl need maybe somthing in the 8mm range
("normal") and shorter ("wide") also...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, Klaus!

I did some research and actually those Yashinons are probably Zunow lenses... Yashica bought the assets when Zunow went bankrupt. And if you google a bit then you'll find out that there exist such lenses as the Yashinon-V Zunow 38mm f/1.4... And this looks like my Yashikor, but with the Zunow name: Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, most likely and meanwhile I also know where to find the original Zunow's Wink Wink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how the 13mm + 38mm f1.9 ZUNOW's look like. No longer that sure they're identical. Maybe the optics...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now that you have shown such a good picture I can say with 100% certainty that the 13mm is exactly like my 13mm f/1.9 Yashikor, down to the style of the engraving. Only my copy has a distance scale in meters and yours is in feet.

So now I have my first Zunow designed lens Cool

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, I thought you would like to see such detailed pictures!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today in Houten, at the photographica fair, I stumbled across a Yashica 8 camera fitted with a... Zunow 13mm f/1.9 lens. So I guess they first used Zunow lenses on their cameras, and when they bought Zunow the lenses were simply renamed.

BTW I also bought a Pentax-110 70mm f/2.8 and Kern Yvar 13mm f/1.9. All for pocket change of course Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Peter!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter! It was nice to see you there even for a short time Very Happy ....It was also a long time ago for me the last time I was there in Houten, how did you find it this time? I also found some nice (and cheap) pieces of glass Cool ....!
I hope to have a little more time to come bak on the forum, I must admit I miss it sometimes.....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any chance to make these lenses work in NEX?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The register distance for D-mount is longer than c-mount,
so theoretically yes - they can work on Nex... and will also vignette a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little typo, guess you wanted to say "shorter" instead of "longer" Wink

The standardization documents state:
D-mount 0.625″×32tpi flange-focal-length: 12.29mm
C-mount 1″×32tpi flange-focal-length: 17.526mm