Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

6m Monopod Pole - Agnos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: 6m Monopod Pole - Agnos Reply with quote

Yesterday I received my new toy, the Agnos MrotatorHD, straight from Italy.
Since I shoot some architectural pictures for clients, I thought this one might improve my shots.

here's the link to Agnos:
http://www.agnos.com/prodotti.htm?v_lingua=ENG&v_categ_lista=P0000-P0005-P0506&v_cod_art_scheda=BUNDLE41#

It's 6 meters in height, and features five segments which you can expand one by one up to 6m. The pole comes with a Velbon ball head and plate, a well made transportation bag, 7 pin-stops (you need five to lock the expanded elements) and a 5m chord with remote control.
They have a great support and shipment was very fast.

It's easy to use, but you'll need calm weather, because fully expanded it tends to wave a bit. This may depend on the weight of camera and lens.
I found that the 5D and the Distagon 4/18 is good to handle. 5D and distagon 2.8/21 is more complacted, the lens is longer and heavier, so it can lead to a stronger swing/sway.
You have to be very careful to keep the pole straight, I dont want to imagine what happens when the leverage starts to pull the camera down Mad . Because of this I would not not recommend moving the pole fully expanded.

Some samples from yesterday:

fully expanded with eos 5D & distagon 4/18, (btw, I'm 192cm tall)

a shot handhold:

mrotator first element

two elements

three elements

four elements

five elements, fully expanded

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did your neighbours ever complain it? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks neat. You sure must have long legs. I could never get up there to focus.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koji wrote:
Did your neighbours ever complain it? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Not yet, but I try to be very careful Embarassed
It's pretty sneaky from distance, only the shutter noise could attract some attention. Just kidding..

@ Schnauzer,
lol, what a great idea, I could try to use stilts. Need to check my insurance right now... Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man - that's a really cool piece of kit - thanks for the photos Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watch out for lightning - or you'll soon be Mr 100.00 Volts!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Klaus, thank you,
so true, you have to be very carefull. We have a lot of lines here. It's good to have at least one eye on them.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW ... impressive.

How much did it cost?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: 6m Monopod Pole - Agnos Reply with quote

Carlsson wrote:
Yesterday I received my new toy, the Agnos MrotatorHD, straight from Italy.

Agnos is a company from my region, Emilia.
We don't build cameras or lenses but at least we've got some ideas for weirdest inventions. Laughing

-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 6m Monopod Pole - Agnos Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
WOW ... impressive.
How much did it cost?

140 Euros + VAT & shipping, it's fair in my opinion.
I need it for an assignment in three weeks, I think there is no other way to capture the whole aerea (except renting an aerial working platform or man lift, which is very expensive...)

Orio wrote:

Agnos is a company from my region, Emilia.
We don't build cameras or lenses but at least we've got some ideas for weirdest inventions. Laughing -

Yes, you can be proud of your region, nice inventions and great quality. Not to be confused with the southern casual attitude Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting toy. How do you shoot? Remote control?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, with a cable remote control, it was already included in the package.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Shocked

You can use it to pole vault too Very Happy