Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

66-67mm Step Up Ring
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: 66-67mm Step Up Ring Reply with quote

Today, I received a package from Alex (HK300) and long and behold, the long awaited customised 66-67mm step up ring is among the accessory that arrives. Here is a brief review.

Some background:
After joining this forum, I was very impressed with the photos I saw taken with the Helios 40 (85/1.5) so I decided to keep an eye on this lens. Subsequently I won a copy. To make a long story short, unlike the newer m42 version Helios 40-2 which take filter size of 67mm, the original m39 (usually sold together with a m39 to m42 adapter) has a 66mm filter mount. As the lens is easily prone to flare, a lens mount is much needed. Furthermore, I am a filter person who always put a protective UV filter on my lens so I need to look for a 66mm filter/ lens mount or a 66 step up ring or something.

Unfortunately, I searched through the web, but I could not find anything which is 66mm. That is when I started a thread in the forum:
Helios 40 Filter adapter

Alex came to help by offering to design and produce some 66-67mm step up rings for us.

Last edited by my_photography on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:18 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Material used:
Same like any of my step-up rings by Hoya, Tokina and so on. No problem on that.

Color:
Black

Easy difficult to mount:
Again no problem. I try putting on the Helios and also UV filter and taking it off a few times and no problem at all. Very professionally done.

As they said, a picture is better than a thousand words, so I will let the picture do the talking.

Last edited by my_photography on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:10 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really good news! Alex please publish price and available batch.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1. 66-67mm step up ring with filter on Helios 40 lens:

#2. Top View:

#3. Front View:

#4. Photos #1 - #3, I purposely align all the wordings together. When screw tightly this is how it looks:

#5. Here is a perspective of the 66-67mm step up ring, 67 filter, 72-77 step up ring & 77 filter:

Last edited by my_photography on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:22 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for review! I believe this is a great help for many of us!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thanks so much for the review. I can't wait to buy one!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand. After uploading 1 photo, I cannot upload any more. I prepared 5. It took me quite a long time to shoot all those photos. Any suggestion? I am using firefox.

Will post more when the upload picture works again.

(Edited: Strange the upload picture seems to be more responsive to IE then Firefox).

Last edited by my_photography on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear that you are happy with the custom 66-67 conversion ring adapter.

Price for this adapter is $15/ eur11 which includes shipping using registered airmail.

see here in the market place section:
http://forum.mflenses.com/fs-custom-66-67mm-conversion-rings-for-helios-40-t27204.html

Last edited by hk300 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:

Price for this adapter is $15/ eur11 which includes shipping using registered airmail.

Very affordable , many thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
hk300 wrote:

Very affordable , many thanks!

Wow, great price and shipping included.

Thanks, Alex, for your help to special customize a batch for us.