Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2.8/35 Distagon AEJ & MMJ Differences?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: 2.8/35 Distagon AEJ & MMJ Differences? Reply with quote

Anyone can tell me something?
Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 2.8/35 Distagon AEJ & MMJ Differences? Reply with quote

francotirador wrote:
Anyone can tell me something?
Thanks.

I've heard the MM version supports auto iris.

The most significant difference between AE and MM for me: MM's are newer7/ have later serial numbers and have a better coating. The iris form when stopped down is almost circular on MM's while on AE's it is more like an sawtooth or ninja star.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@agent_cooper: you're right, that holds in general, but some lenses were optically improved in MM version (D28/2.8 for instance, though I'd really like to know if the difference is significant, there aren't any sample comparisons on the Net).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

symphonic wrote:
@agent_cooper: you're right, that holds in general, but some lenses were optically improved in MM version (D28/2.8 for instance, though I'd really like to know if the difference is significant, there aren't any sample comparisons on the Net).

In case of D28/2.8 the difference in performance is about 1 f/stop (meaning the MM lens reaches its top performance about one stop earlier than the AE version). AE Distagon 28/2.8 is roughly equivalent to Yashica ML 28/2.8, while the MM version is visibly sharper.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had an AE and MM (which I kept) and haven't noticed a difference. Certainly not like with the 28mm version which had sharper corners as an MM lens.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
I've had an AE and MM (which I kept) and haven't noticed a difference. Certainly not like with the 28mm version which had sharper corners as an MM lens.

Thanks, I am interested because I bought from Orio, 2.8/35mm AEJ version.
It's just curiosity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had both versions and I could never find any optical difference.

_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must distinguish between them clearly, since Leitax mount replacement (for Nikon DSLR users) only applicable on MM version

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kopimorning wrote:
I must distinguish between them clearly, since Leitax mount replacement (for Nikon DSLR users) only applicable on MM version

MM version has f22 in green on the aperture scale.