Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

12mm Fish ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: 12mm Fish ... Reply with quote

.... anyone ever heard of a 12mm f8 "Berolina" Fish?

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time I hear of it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a Sigma clone... Spiratone/Sigma made this lens for few companies.. fixed focus lens...

http://m42.povlab.org/lens_detail.php?lid=425

http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?p=4136

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed - that Sigma seems to be the base model.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If old Sigma model that means for me unusable garbage. I disappointed about old Sigma lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
If old Sigma model that means for me unusable garbage. I disappointed about old Sigma lenses.

When we meet one day, I will bring and you can try my Sigma Theta 28-85 (M42). This is an amazing zoom lens. Of course, it does not get to where the best primes are, but it is much better than I expected.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

When we meet one day, I will bring and you can try my Sigma Theta 28-85 (M42). This is an amazing zoom lens. Of course, it does not get to where the best primes are, but it is much better than I expected.

I can say the same about my Sigma Delta zoom, actually. Stopped down it's amazing. The problem is that wide open it's unuseable because of vignetting. It becomes useable only from f/8.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It becomes useable only from f/8.
This means for me guys, crapy! In this focal length usable only from f8 ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about that fish: yes. And you can't focus it because it's a fixed focus ...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Carsten If I say something wrong, I didn't want to hurt anybody , just I don't like much old Sigma products.