Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zuiko 28/3.5 - what did the owner do to this lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Zuiko 28/3.5 - what did the owner do to this lens? Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.ie/OLYMPUS-ZUIKO-28mm-F3-5-LENS-DAMAGED-/360266355197?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_CameraAccessories_CameraLensesFilters_JN&hash=item53e18c51fd

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damage due to fall down or hammer a nail into a wall ?
Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and another one:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Olympus-OM-system-28mm-G-Zuiko-Auto-W-lens-f3-5-/370388226351?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_CameraAccessories_CameraLensesFilters_JN&hash=item563cdbd12f

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the second one, seems that the owner liked it, and used till the end.
I don't mistreat my gear like this, but I prefer to see an old lens like this than one that sat unused on the shelf. This is to throw away, but in the meanwhile has arguably cranked out a lot of images.

Is for that that I run in salvage of old, cheap, unused gear, just to bring the glass to breath some fresh air Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paperinik wrote:
For the second one, seems that the owner liked it, and used till the end.
I don't mistreat my gear like this, but I prefer to see an old lens like this than one that sat unused on the shelf. This is to throw away, but in the meanwhile has arguably cranked out a lot of images.

Is for that that I run in salvage of old, cheap, unused gear, just to bring the glass to breath some fresh air Twisted Evil

Maybe sellers are running out of good gear and scraping the barrel Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bunch of Nikon 28mm f2.8 AIS in similar or even worst condition, they were in "professional" usage at a new agency.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy tripped on his own feet and fell on top of the camera/lens assembly.
S@§# happens...

M.-

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a normal look if you use lens every day for many hours for professional work. I bought a few cosmetically damaged lens, but they work awesome, its a sign that the previous owner was using it all the time, so it must be a good copy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had many years ( more than 25) ago a Yashica M 42 - don´t remember the type, that i tried to exchange with another lens while driving motorbike faster than 100km/h - this looked like your first lens after getting in contact with the street and i was lucky to not get the same design....fishing for it and the cam and the 2nd lens Mad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Damage due to fall down or hammer a nail into a wall ?
Wink

surly one can fix the wrong with a well aim strike of a hammer

Last edited by cheve on Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Olympus-OM-system-28mm-G-Zuiko-Auto-W-lens-f3-5-/370388226351?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_CameraAccessories_CameraLensesFilters_JN&hash=item563cdbd12f

it may not be a bad catch if it ended up at the initial bid of 15pound

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

egidio wrote:
that's a normal look if you use lens every day for many hours for professional work. I bought a few cosmetically damaged lens, but they work awesome, its a sign that the previous owner was using it all the time, so it must be a good copy.

it really depends on how bad the lens is damaged cosmetically. I would have no issue to take a lens with lost of paints, marks, nicks on the lens barrels and etc. But huge dents and etc, it would be a different story. YMMV

cheers,

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheve wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

For some reason the 28mm f3.5 doesn't reach high prices, a good one can be bought for £20 inc postage on the bay.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
cheve wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

For some reason the 28mm f3.5 doesn't reach high prices, a good one can be bought for £20 inc postage on the bay.

Yet this lens is capable of beating Zeiss's 28mm lens!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Yet this lens is capable of beating Zeiss's 28mm lens!***

Well I have the camera body for it, but erm I have so many 28mm lenses:-

CZJ 28mm f2.8 not Japanese version
Sigma 28mm f2.8 mini wide
Hexanon 28mm f3.5
Canon FDN 28mm f2.8
Canon breech 28mm f3.5
Two vivitar 28mm f2.8 close focus
One vivitar 28mm f2.8 non close focus
Osawa 28mm f2.8

and a few zooms that start at 28mm