Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zorki 6 Test Roll
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Zorki 6 Test Roll Reply with quote

The 1st roll through the Z6 with Industar 61 lens. Foma 100 film souped in 1:50 Rodinal (my favorite combo).

Zorki-6_Fomapan-100_012 by martinsmith99, on Flickr

Zorki-6_Fomapan-100_021 by martinsmith99, on Flickr

Zorki-6_Fomapan-100_035 by martinsmith99, on Flickr

Zorki-6_Fomapan-100_031 by martinsmith99, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to try that combo, I can see from your results why you like it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jussi - Hexi got me into this combo. It seems to get all the tones without blocking up.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin i think these results are much better than i would have expected from that particular combo. i like them very much and think you should be quite pleased.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did you expect less ? Foma and Rodinal both are great stuff! Excellent Martin!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i expected less from the lens/camera. the results have much more clarity than i thought they would produce. also, foma's not my favorite. but i really like the look fof these. of course much has to do with the photographer!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try some old Leica glass and many Russians , Russians was always same good some of them even better.

A few years ago I didn't know nothing about Russian RF lenses, cameras I thought 'what you pay what you get' I couldn't be more wrong.
They are not worst at all than old Leica or Contax include cameras and lenses. I had broken Leica RF and Russian too and working one from both. My Kiev from 1955 so much more trustworthy, accurate than my Contax III etc. I have a Zorki 6 too boxed, new. Works like a Swiss watch very accurate and I saw many garbage also on Ebay or locally. Need a bit luck, but worth to try all of them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony - You are again too kind. Embarassed

Attila - I have had 2 Zorki 6 cameras as I think I mentioned. The one I kept is amazingly silky smooth and quiet; the other was not as smooth or quiet. Poolhall has it now, so I hope he can work his magic on it.

Last edited by martinsmith99 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the colleagues, your combo (including developer, etc.) works really well.
I like the sharpness and contrast of the first shots, the last one seems to be a little more grainy, but it's the shot I like more. It's fresh and alive, it makes oneself feeling the sea powerf against the fragile looking bridge. Composition is really nice, as is the light caught.
Congrats!.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you got a good combo.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A really nice combo, I-61 seems to perform quite well. Last picture is particularly beautiful.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again.

Jes: That structure is an abandoned pier. It's been vacant for quite a few years; there is one bit still in use for launching lifeboats. I think the grain that you see is because there is sky in the pic that the other shots are missing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That last image is perfect with the "grain" emphasizing the "older" look of the scene. Wow, the combination seems REALLY
fine. The tones are beautiful.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm I gave up B/W about 30 years ago, but VG esults with this combo and using my MF gear could start me off again, well if you can get 120 Cool

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
erm I gave up B/W about 30 years ago, but VG esults with this combo and using my MF gear could start me off again, well if you can get 120 Cool

Excaliber, 120 film is readily available here in western Washington state. One can buy from a local lab that is STILL operating for
film lovers ($$$$), and of course from major shops such as B&H, etc. ($$).

Back to Martinsmith: I would LOVE to see more! I need more! Laughing Superb work.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, I like the old zorkis, I have a 4k with a collapsable 50 and a Jupiter 8 which is a really nice lens. I love Foma 100 in R09 I have gone through a good few rolls in 120 recently Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex66 wrote:
Very nice, I like the old zorkis, I have a 4k with a collapsable 50 and a Jupiter 8 which is a really nice lens. I love Foma 100 in R09 I have gone through a good few rolls in 120 recently Very Happy

Hey Alex, what are you shooting the 120 with? Just curious. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Yashica 124 and a 124g, a Shanghai and a Fuji GS645s along with 3 folders. The Fuji is great in that it weighs less than a lot of SLR's but the RF patch is poor making focusing some times hard. I have a makeshift darkroom in the bathroom and access to a fully equipped university darkroom (doing an MA in art photography). I am looking for a better enlarger.