Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zoomar Munchen Zoomatar F/1.3 250MM lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Zoomar Munchen Zoomatar F/1.3 250MM lens Reply with quote

Hi, July 26, 2012

I'm a newbie here so let me first say thank you for letting me join your forum. I'm hoping to get some good information & hopefully sell my lens.

Does anyone know if Hasselblad or Killfit bought the Zoomar Company & continued to produce these lenses?
I read that there were about 50 made of the Zoomar 180mm lenses so I'm guessing that they made even fewer of the 250mm lens.
Does anybody know what size the lens connector is on the side where a camera would attach?
I know its not a standard size. Was there a special camera made specifically for this lens that only fit this lens or
was the lens made to fit any camera at the time with different size lens attachments?

I own & I am selling a much rarer Zoomar Muenchen F/1.3 250mm Lens (Serial # NR. 291-0009) that I inherited
from my grandfather. The last one I think sold for $33,000 on ebay but that might have been the smaller 240mm lens.
I'm assuming I have the ninth one ever made from the original Zoomar manufacturer but I'm not positive.
The lens is missing the metallic ball that fits on the arm & there are a few cosmetic scratches on the body but not on the lens itself.
The metallic ball looks like the same one that is on the Killfit 250mm lens so I'm hoping it can be replaced.
My lens does not have the Zoomar red logo on the top of the body because i think they didn't have a logo yet
when mine was made but I'm not certain. The lens says it was made in West Germany.

I will be selling it soon on ebay but want to find out more about it before i do so i don't mislead any potential buyer.
I am located in Los Angeles, California.

Link to pics -> Please close all spaces to make link work. h t t p : / / imageshack.us/g/6/zz1g.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

I did move your info request to discussion forum and remove your request to write info to your own email address.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard!
That's a huge chunk of glass.
Any idea about the weight? 5-6kg?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best place for that in my opinion for such a rare piece would be WESTLICHT in Vienna (Leicashop), more precisely their next auction in November.

ebay is a too uncertain place for $$.$$$ items.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see a guy huffing and puffing about with his 200mm F 2.0 Canon L given some one upmanship by someone showing up with this piece next to him:)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus is right. Ebay is dubious in that regard.
Unless you make it clear that it's pick-up only.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The image-link doesn't seem to work for me?

Fixed:
http://imageshack.us/g/6/zz1g.jpg/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anscochrome wrote:
I would love to see a guy huffing and puffing about with his 200mm F 2.0 Canon L given some one upmanship by someone showing up with this piece next to him:)

Not quite, as this old design (I have the MTF somewhere) is a quite sharp, but rather low contrast lens, so that comparison would backfire Wink

It is a piece for collectors, not really for nowadays users, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Really?

I would break my back in an attempt to use it for some evening street photography.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: zoomar Reply with quote

patrice herve pont has written an interesting and extensive account of all the "kilars", construction, varieties and serial numbers. The book includes the last phase of the company with the zoomar logo.

I do not have the book to hand where I am at the moment, but expect that a search would suffice.

p.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for the good advice. I will try to contact the auction house for their November auction. Its true, this lens weighs a lot!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go http://www.westlicht-auction.com/index.php?id=7135&_ssl=off&lang=3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one hell of a chunk of glass! I agree with the others, sell it through a real auction house. Ebay is too uncertain a medium for this lens.

K.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
anscochrome wrote:

Not quite, as this old design (I have the MTF somewhere) is a quite sharp, but rather low contrast lens, so that comparison would backfire Wink

I was actually refering to the physical appearence of the 200mm F 1.3 next to the 200mm F 2.0 Canon lens, not a picture quality comparison:)