Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zigview ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Zigview ? Reply with quote

http://www.zigview.co.uk/S2.htm
Live preview viewfinder - yes , it is a little too big and pricey , after all .But does somebody use it ? I am curious of your opinions .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Zigview ? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have the earlier version (there were two... ) and adapters so that it will fit the majority of my older Canon, Nikon and Pentax 35mm Camera viewfinders.

The pictures a bit grainy, but very useful if you want to take pictures from an unusual angle - much like the screens seen on many digicams like the Oly E-10 and the Oly C5050 from yesterday today.. Mine cannot vary its angle, it is always 90 degrees so effectively provides a picture you can 'look down into'

The later model also had an intervalometer and a few other goodies, including a higher res. screen I believe...

Doug

(PS I got mine for VERY little at a Ritz store closing - not sure I would have paid the somewhat high asking price at retail...)

yinyangbt wrote:
http://www.zigview.co.uk/S2.htm
Live preview viewfinder - yes , it is a little too big and pricey , after all .But does somebody use it ? I am curious of your opinions .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it good enough for manual focusing on it?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say yes.. within the limitations of how bright the scene is.. There is also a built in magnification factor in one model where you can enlarge the scene by a might factor for critical focus... although the resolution of the LCD itself is not too wonderful.

On balance I kept mine so it must be useful? lol

Doug

yinyangbt wrote:
Is it good enough for manual focusing on it?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep ! Thanks , Doug ! Is it this one : zigview B or the Zigview R ? I think it's going to be on my wish list if it permits focusing in low light Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the early one where the screen was less flexible in its movements...

Doug

yinyangbt wrote:
Yep ! Thanks , Doug ! Is it this one : zigview B or the Zigview R ? I think it's going to be on my wish list if it permits focusing in low light Wink