Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenitar N 2.8/16mm Nikon Ais Full Set SOLD
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Zenitar N 2.8/16mm Nikon Ais Full Set SOLD Reply with quote

This lens was bought NEW about 1 year ago from one of the Russian dealers (MoscowPhoto - I think). The lens has received little use and is in very good/excellent condition.

When I bought it infinity focus was "off". It has been adjusted. If you think that I haven't got it quite right you can readjust it yourself. It's very easy. The screws are in good condition and have not been overtightened.

I'm asking 120 GBP + shipping + Paypal Fees (3%)

You can pay a lot more on ebay. You can get it for less - but not much. However be careful. Some of the listings are confusing. One of them lists a Nikon fit Zenitar-M and shows a picture of a Zenitar-K. It's possible that the lens does have the proper Nikon Ais mount but who knows. The same listing includes AF in the title. Other listings are clearly selling a Zenitar M (M42 mount) with adapter. That's fine if it's what you want. The lens being offered here is the Zenitar-N with Nikon Ais mount and a properly working automatic aperture. Note the green box - the Zenitar M comes in a blue box.

Close-up pictures available if there is any interest.

Last edited by sichko on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you intended to buy a superb wide lens take it without hesitation, many of them lemon ,unusable soft. Some of them amazingly sharp!! So best deal to buy from a trustworthy member like John.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila. The problem with infinity focus is nothing to worry about. It appears on lots of samples. Obviously it indicates careless assembly but is easily fixed. Fortunately the optical assembly seems to be OK. The lens is sharp. There are some examples on this forum. If I can find them I will link them. If not, I'll take some more tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent a PM.

Did you find some example photos?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurdie wrote:
I sent a PM.

Did you find some example photos?

Hi Mark Sorry no PM received. I found myself unexpectedly busy today. My Zenitar samples are not on my computer hard drive so I found the easiest thing to do was to take a couple of street shots this pm.

Zenitar 2.8/16 on Nikon D60. All shots at f/8 - basically I made sure the focus confirmation light was on and used the camera as a P&S. RAW capture with camera "Vivid" settings as default except that "sharpening was set to "none". Small adjustments to exposure and levels and a hint of an "S-curve". Size reduction using Bicubic sharper. I can put some crops up later and/or put larger files somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLD