Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenitar-M2s, the Small Plastic Wonder
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Zenitar-M2s, the Small Plastic Wonder Reply with quote

The Zenitar-M2s is not a well known lens. Usually, when you say Zenitar, people will automatically think of the 16/2.8 fisheye lens. But the 50mm F/2.0 M2s is also a very interesting lens.

It was designed as a low cost lens destined to equip entry level DSLRs. Many parts are made of plastic and the optical design was optimized in order for the lens to deliver good results even with the poor assembly tolerances that were the norm in the USSR. Here's a thread inititiated by No-X with many nice pictures, as well as historical and technical details about this lens:
http://forum.mflenses.com/kmz-mc-zenitar-m2-m2s-t9504.html

I didn't expect much when I received this lens. But I find the results rather interesting. Judge by yourself:

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has nice character I like it , nice samples!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Zenitar-M2s, the Small Plastic Wonder Reply with quote

Abbazz wrote:

I didn't expect much when I received this lens. But I find the results rather interesting. Judge by yourself:

Abbazz

They are indeed interesting - at what aperture were your pics taken?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These shots look very consistent with my MC Zenitar 50/1.9. Althouth a slightly diferent lens, it exhibits the same low contrast and flare resistance. Quite a surprise from a multi-coated prime 50mm lens!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Zenitar-M2s, the Small Plastic Wonder Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

scsambrook wrote:
They are indeed interesting - at what aperture were your pics taken?

All pics taken wide open.

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this one, I bought cause its so 44-2ish

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is also extremely sharp when you stop it down, really cool all round lens I think I posted some samples on the site somewhere Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two, that I have yet to use... Rolling Eyes

One day, one day....