Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenit-E
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sven wrote:
Attila wrote:
Yes, no reason to shoot more, but first try was fun isn't it ? You got pretty good result. I like RF and medium format cameras for film I like DSLR better than film SLR cameras.

It is a bit of a reminder of what can still be acieved with old stuff like this and no fancy electronics. Fun to test, and maybe a teaser to try medium fomat. My father probably still have some old cameras lying around.

Try them I love to try new cameras , lenses. A few of them remarkable only what I'd like to use more. Some of them make big surprise. Exciting...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sven wrote:

But, as previously was pointed out in this thread the camera is probably leaking light. Many captures were washed out and generally dull.
The first one is a good example of that.

Light leaks produce often stars or strange clouds or triangles etc.

How did you process the film? Did you scan the negative or a print? Looks more like overxposure which is corrected somehow?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Sven wrote:

But, as previously was pointed out in this thread the camera is probably leaking light. Many captures were washed out and generally dull.
The first one is a good example of that.

Light leaks produce often stars or strange clouds or triangles etc.

How did you process the film? Did you scan the negative or a print? Looks more like overxposure which is corrected somehow?

I scanned the negatives.
If anything they are a bit underexpeosed, the negs are not very dense. I guess that could produce a similar effect.
I think I probably increased the contrast a bit on the first pic. The print looks even lower in contrast.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help myself, but I don't like this basic Zenit cameras. This wham, while the mirror hits the edge and this long way, the release knob has to travel to bring this camera to a shot....
There have been a few more elegant cameras out in the wilderness, that could please my eyes and fingers a bit more!

I'm always glad if I can resell that bricks for 2 Euros again.

Klaus

PS: Don't want to be cruel, just my opinion....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
Can't help myself, but I don't like this basic Zenit cameras. This wham, while the mirror hits the edge and this long way, the release knob has to travel to bring this camera to a shot....
There have been a few more elegant cameras out in the wilderness, that could please my eyes and fingers a bit more!

I'm always glad if I can resell that bricks for 2 Euros again.

Klaus

PS: Don't want to be cruel, just my opinion....

I bought it for the Helios lens. Just got a bit curious since it was in such good shape
Next time I buy a package with lens and camera I will ask if they can keep the camera, if it happends to be a Zenit. I have two bricks now so that could be enough.

Last edited by Sven on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lenses are pretty good, it is just the camera itself.....

Klaus