Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenit 19 - Mounting 'Difficult' Lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Zenit 19 - Mounting 'Difficult' Lenses Reply with quote

I know there are a few members here that have experience with this camera. So I implore them for their wisdom. I was wondering if there are any problems mounting certain difficult lenses like the Mir 1B and older CZJ tessars. Despite loving my Fujica camera, the pin actuator keeps these from mounting properly. Is the Zenit 19 any better? Many thanks in advance!

~Marc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant say about the CZJ lenses Marc but the Mir 1v and all other russian m42 lenses I have fit and work no problem with the Zenit 19 Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with CZJ Tessars (two models tested) on the Zenit 19. But I have to warn you for the use of SMC Takumars for Spotmatic F and ES type Pentaxes. They have a very small extra pin on the flange, that fits nearly forever in the screwholes of the Zenit mount. I had not foreseen any problem, so I needed a profi repairman to get one loose.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thank you both very much! Yeah the tessar is an interesting one. It is the oldest f2.8 version and goes very deep. I have only two cameras that work with it: a praktica fx, and a zenit B. Neither has an auto-pin actuator. Takumars are not my thing, but thank you for the tip!