Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Planar 50/1.7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Zeiss Planar 50/1.7 Reply with quote

Arrived yesterday, almost mint. The only annoying thing is the iris, not a perfect hexagon: one blade closes more than the others.
Beautiful lens: compared with the Distagon 28/2.8, Planar 50/1.7 has more a plastic feeling, but well built.
I compared the Planar with the Zuiko 50/1.8, which in my opinion is a very good lens, but the Planar wins. From wide open to f/4, the Planar has sharper borders than the Zuiko. At f/5.6 they are comparable (altough I made only a quick test, not a good job), and at f/11 both begin suffer diffraction.
Strangely, people says that the Planar is very contrasted, sometimes too contrasted, but the Zuiko seems to me more contrasted.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are greats lenses. I think that the zuiko is the smallest 1,8/50, very good but need lens shade.