Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Ikonta 524/16 studio portraits on Kodak Portra 160NC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
I'm renovating a space and building a new studio, will be ready by mid-March - I'm bumping this topic should any Finnish Mflenses members who live in Southern Finland be interested in a "Vintage Day".
Vintage Day? Bring your old camera to my Helsinki studio and I'll sync it with flash so you can shoot studio portraits with a setup ranging from 1 to 5 flashes + 1 fresnel of course all kinds of diffusors, octas, strips, snoots, softboxes and reflectors are available. Reply here if interested!
Vilhelm

Too bad I'm not in Finland, it sounds fun Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
cooltouch wrote:
Perhaps I misunderstood you, though. I thought you were offering to add flash sync to other people's cameras that didn't have it.

Yes slight misunderstanding; I have no interest or equipment to modify or repair other people's cameras. The idea of Vintage Day was to consider if it would be worth to rally some enthusiasts and shoot film portraits with vintage cameras, I offered a studio with infinite flash setup possibilities at anyone's disposal. Has to be a Sunday though, only day of week when it can be arranged.

Okay, I gotcha. What Orio said! Sounds like a lot of fun -- a great day to dust off the old medium format folder or TLR and collect some cool images in the process.

You know, I don't think I've mentioned it yet, but I should. The Portra 160 NC's colors are just fantastic. They're warm, understated, yet saturated, and look to be spot-on accurate. I'm becoming a bigger and bigger fan of that stuff. I honestly like it better than Ektar. So far I've only shot it in medium format, but I'd like to try some 35mm as well.